Sonarr : can't see the folders within the source destination path

Status
Not open for further replies.

vl33l

Dabbler
Hi,

I have installed Sonarr through the plugin available.

I have the jail storage configured in the following way:
  • Source : /mnt/MainVolume/Movies
  • Destination: /media/downloads
When I'm on the shell, I can see all the files mapped, so when I ls -l /media/downloads/ I see all files. However, when I'm on the Sonarr web interface I don't see the downloads folder under /media. Is there something special to do to have Sonarr seeing it ? I have installed NZBGet, and it works well, so I'm thinking on some access restriction issues but I don't know where to look.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the sonarr plugin's user "media" needs to be able to read the files. Can you show the output of 'ls -l /media/downloads'

vl33l

Dabbler
Is it /media/downloads or /media/ ?

Here is both just in case:
Code:
root@sonarr_1:/media # ls -l /media/																								
total 33																															
drwxrwx---+ 13 root  1004  16 Jan 13 18:59 downloads	 

Code:
root@sonarr_1:/media # ls -l downloads/																							 
total 251																														   
-rw-r--r--   1 root  1001	   0 Nov 18  2014 .windows																			 
drwxrwxr-x+  8 1001  1001	  10 Nov 18  2014 News And Reportage																   
-rwxrwxr-x+  1 1001  1001   54784 Nov 18  2014 Thumbs.db
drwxrwx---+  4 1001  1004	   4 Dec 17 07:53 _Downloads																		   
drwxrwx---+  3 root  1004	   3 Jan 13 18:35 media																				
-rwxrwx---+  1 root  wheel	  6 Jan 13 18:59 nzbget.lock	 

Something wrong ?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is it /media/downloads or /media/ ?

Here is both just in case:
Code:
root@sonarr_1:/media # ls -l /media/																								
total 33																															
drwxrwx---+ 13 root  1004  16 Jan 13 18:59 downloads	

Code:
root@sonarr_1:/media # ls -l downloads/																							
total 251																														  
-rw-r--r--   1 root  1001	   0 Nov 18  2014 .windows																			
drwxrwxr-x+  8 1001  1001	  10 Nov 18  2014 News And Reportage																  
-rwxrwxr-x+  1 1001  1001   54784 Nov 18  2014 Thumbs.db
drwxrwx---+  4 1001  1004	   4 Dec 17 07:53 _Downloads																		  
drwxrwx---+  3 root  1004	   3 Jan 13 18:35 media																				
-rwxrwx---+  1 root  wheel	  6 Jan 13 18:59 nzbget.lock	

Something wrong ?
yes, your files are a mess of mixed group/owner/permission levels. also you have Windows ACLs enabled, which adds additional complication to writing. I personally never use these and can't help with them.

some of your files are area are 770, so only the root user and users in the particular group can read those files.
I assume nzbget is writing with root:wheel which I personally would not do. you also probably are writing files with some other user, (maybe with CIFS?), with UID 1001 and sometimes 1004.

I would make sure all access to this dataset are done by the same user, or at least written with a particular group. and then add sonarr's user to this group in its jail.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/

vl33l

Dabbler
yes, your files are a mess of mixed group/owner/permission levels. also you have Windows ACLs enabled, which adds additional complication to writing. I personally never use these and can't help with them.

some of your files are area are 770, so only the root user and users in the particular group can read those files.
I assume nzbget is writing with root:wheel which I personally would not do. you also probably are writing files with some other user, (maybe with CIFS?), with UID 1001 and sometimes 1004.

How can I see which user Sonarr is using?

Do you suggest to create a specific Sonarr user, and granting him accesses? Also, I think Unix access and Windows ACL are managed differently? Meaning on my case, the Unix access will be used by Sonarr, and the ACL by Windows users I used through my Windows workstations to access files on my FreeNas ?

I have checked, and 1001 is a user I created to access my FreeNas through Windows (mounting a Map drive), and 1004 is the group this user belongs to. Now, I have no idea why it is 1001 or 1004 on different folders :(

I would make sure all access to this dataset are done by the same user, or at least written with a particular group. and then add sonarr's user to this group in its jail.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/

Is there some place where I can see the user Sonarr is using?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
How can I see which user Sonarr is using?

Do you suggest to create a specific Sonarr user, and granting him accesses? Also, I think Unix access and Windows ACL are managed differently? Meaning on my case, the Unix access will be used by Sonarr, and the ACL by Windows users I used through my Windows workstations to access files on my FreeNas ?

I have checked, and 1001 is a user I created to access my FreeNas through Windows (mounting a Map drive), and 1004 is the group this user belongs to. Now, I have no idea why it is 1001 or 1004 on different folders :(

Is there some place where I can see the user Sonarr is using?
The link I gave and that you quoted says what user most plugins, including sonarr, use by default. You could also run 'ps aux' in the jail to see the processes running the jail and the users they run as.

I will not comment or help with Windows ACLs.

michiganblue82

Dabbler
Hey Josh,
Been reading through this thread and the one you linked at the top and I think my brain is finally mush. I had Freenas 9.3 running flawlessly then had an accident by upgrading to Freenas 11 which essentially broke my media server (switched 816 to 8675309--i think?). Currently I'm having trouble ironing out permissions for Sonarr & SABnzdb and officially out of ideas. I have by paths set, sonarr sends the nzb to SAB, SAB downloads, and puts the completed media file into /complete/tv folder but when it comes to Sonarr PP it, I get an error of
"Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete/tv/Alone.S03E02.HDTV.x264-W4F-Obfuscated/". I try and manually import but get the message "No video files were found in the selected folder." which i why i believe it's a permission problem. When I check for the downloaded file via WINSCP, it's there but sonnar just doesnt see it.

Did the following mentioned above:

Shell
Code:
root@sonarr_1:/ # ls -l /mnt/media/
total 17
drwxrwxrwx  3 root  media  3 Mar 25 12:09 downloads
drwxrwxrwx  3 root  media  3 Mar 25 12:10 videos
root@sonarr_1:/ #

Any help would be much appreciate as I've been stuck on this all weekend with many hours into only to still not be anywhere! THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hey Josh,
Been reading through this thread and the one you linked at the top and I think my brain is finally mush. I had Freenas 9.3 running flawlessly then had an accident by upgrading to Freenas 11 which essentially broke my media server (switched 816 to 8675309--i think?). Currently I'm having trouble ironing out permissions for Sonarr & SABnzdb and officially out of ideas. I have by paths set, sonarr sends the nzb to SAB, SAB downloads, and puts the completed media file into /complete/tv folder but when it comes to Sonarr PP it, I get an error of
"Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete/tv/Alone.S03E02.HDTV.x264-W4F-Obfuscated/". I try and manually import but get the message "No video files were found in the selected folder." which i why i believe it's a permission problem. When I check for the downloaded file via WINSCP, it's there but sonnar just doesnt see it.

Did the following mentioned above:

Shell
total 17
drwxrwxrwx 3 root media 3 Mar 25 12:09 downloads
drwxrwxrwx 3 root media 3 Mar 25 12:10 videos
root@sonarr_1:/ #

Any help would be much appreciate as I've been stuck on this all weekend with many hours into only to still not be anywhere! THANK YOU!
Can you show the output of the following...
Code:
ls -l /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete
ls -l /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete/tv
ls -l /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete/tv/Alone.S03E02.HDTV.x264-W4F-Obfuscated

michiganblue82

Dabbler
Can you show the output of the following...
Code:
ls -l /mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete/tv/Alone.S03E02.HDTV.x264-W4F-Obfuscated

Thank you very very much for the quick replied. Bulleted points below are the output from the commands:

• total 186
    drwxrwxrwx 2 media media 2 Mar 26 2017 movies
    drwxrwxrwx 2 media media 2 Apr 10 2014 music
    drwxrwxrwx 3 media media 3 Mar 25 15:13 tv
    root@sabnzbd_1:/ #
  • total 9
    drwxrwxrwx 2 media media 3 Mar 25 15:13 Alone.S03E02.HDTV.x264-W4F-Obfuscated
  • total 463937
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 media media 474647392 Dec 16 2016 96c631068bf14f8da87c41f40ad58
    99c.mkv

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sonarr has complete access to those folders based on the outputs you showed. Have any other downloads worked? Not sure what is wrong, maybe the sonarr github has seen this error message before.

Maybe it is the fact that the file name is obfuscated, that the manual import does not work. You could try pointing the manual import to the tv folder, so it at least sees the folder name, or rename the file to Alone.S03E02.mkv

Finally, my sickrage system works perfectly even with obfuscated files. are you triggering post-processing using nzbToMedia, or just by folder scanning. The fact you used an "nzb" and sonarr doesn't send downloads using sabnzbd makes me think your system isn't setup as well as it could be.

michiganblue82

Dabbler
Sonarr has complete access to those folders based on the outputs you showed. Have any other downloads worked? Not sure what is wrong, maybe the sonarr github has seen this error message before.

Maybe it is the fact that the file name is obfuscated, that the manual import does not work. You could try pointing the manual import to the tv folder, so it at least sees the folder name, or rename the file to Alone.S03E02.mkv

Finally, my sickrage system works perfectly even with obfuscated files. are you triggering post-processing using nzbToMedia, or just by folder scanning. The fact you used an "nzb" and sonarr doesn't send downloads using sabnzbd makes me think your system isn't setup as well as it could be.

I haven't had a single file work yet.

Maybe I explained something wrong? So lost.
In Sonarr, when it grabs an episode, it sends to to SAB just fine, I see it in the Sonarr "Activity" as well. Once SAB has downloaded the file, it sends it back to the complete/tv folder (i have unchecked SAB rename option). I see the folder and the media file inside but then always get the following error with Sonarr:
"DownloadedEpisodesImportServiceImport failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr:"

Sonarr and SAB were installed by the PBI in Freenas 11.

I know you had me check the output of sabnzdb folders, should I check the sonarr ones?

total 17
drwxrwxrwx 3 root media 3 Mar 25 12:09 downloads
drwxrwxrwx 3 root media 3 Mar 25 12:10 videos

Do my paths look correct?:
drsoCxV.jpg

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ok, the fact your have sonarr and sabnzbd in different jails adds some complications, but we still should be able to get it to work.

Also have so many mountpoints on top of each other can cause some issues.
You don't need Media/Complete and Media/Complete/tv both mounted in the sonarr_1 jail.

Can you should the output of the command I posted earlier, but please show them in the sonarr_1 jail.

michiganblue82

Dabbler
Sorry, should of mentioned the different jails. Went this direction because it's what I used in 9.3 and it worked, obviously things change with 11. Ha.

Should I get rid of the Media/Complete/tv path and keep Media/Complete?

root@sonarr_1:/ # ls -l /mnt/media/downloads/sonarr/complete
total 186
drwxrwxrwx 2 media media 2 Mar 26 2017 movies
drwxrwxrwx 2 media media 2 Apr 10 2014 music
drwxrwxrwx 4 media media 4 Mar 25 17:25 tv

root@sonarr_1:/ # ls -l /mnt/media/downloads/sonarr/complete/tv
total 17
drwxrwxrwx 2 media media 3 Mar 25 15:13 Alone.S03E02.HDTV.x264-W4F-Obfuscated

root@sonarr_1:/ # ls -l /mnt/media/downloads/sonarr/complete/tv/Alone.S03E02.HDT
V.x264-W4F-Obfuscated
total 463937
-rw-rw-rw- 1 media media 474647392 Dec 16 2016 96c631068bf14f8da87c41f40ad58
99c.mkv

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ohh, I see the issue. The paths are different in each jail.
Sonarr is expecting files in "/mnt/media/downloads/sabnzbd/complete/tv/Alone.S03E02.HDTV.x264-W4F-Obfuscated/"
While the files are actually in "/mnt/media/downloads/sonarr/complete/tv/Alone.S03E02.HDTV.x264-W4F-Obfuscated/" because of your diferent mount points.

I personally keep my mountpoints as simple as possible. I would have a single mountpoint into each jail.
/mnt/Volume1/----/Media > /mnt/media

michiganblue82

Dabbler
MY brain is so fried from staring at my screen so forgive my noobness for explanation at this point as to where I went wrong. Wouldnt the source path lead the files to the same place as the /mnt/Volume1/----/Media/Complete is the same source path for both SAB and Sonarr?

I change SAB and Sonarr complete folder to the following paths:
/mnt/Volume1/---/Media/Complete > /mnt/media/complete

That should do the trick, yea?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
MY brain is so fried from staring at my screen so forgive my noobness for explanation at this point as to where I went wrong. Wouldnt the source path lead the files to the same place as the /mnt/Volume1/----/Media/Complete is the same source path for both SAB and Sonarr?

I change SAB and Sonarr complete folder to the following paths:
/mnt/Volume1/---/Media/Complete > /mnt/media/complete

That should do the trick, yea?
No the source path doesn't affect where it ends up in the jail. The fact you have different destination paths, means the files show in different places from ether jail's perspective.

Yes, a sinle, matching mountpoint, for each jail should work. And you will need to adjust the folder settings for sabnzbd and sonarr.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
awesome, perfect timing. i just left the house so couldnt reply as easily

michiganblue82

Dabbler
Hey Josh,

Sorry to bug you again but I'm experience the same error with Radarr now which was working before. Did a little tinkering and now it doesn't work and getting the following error:

DownloadedMovieImportServiceImport failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Radarr: /mn/media/complete/movies/Bill.And.Teds.Excellent.Adventure.1989.WS.iNTERNAL.DVDRip.X264-OSiRiS

Ran the following commands:
root@radarr:/ # ls -l /mnt/media
total 145
drwxrwxrwx 5 media media 5 Mar 31 05:48 complete
drwxrwxrwx 111 media media 552 Mar 31 06:08 Movies

Sends to SAB fine, it downloads to incomplete folder (which I saw) then should go to complete where Radarr should pick it up and move it to "movies". However, I'm not seeing the file in the "Movies" folder nor in the "complete" folder.

3BTKJdK.jpg

Hate to bother you again but I've tried everything. Thank you sir.

michiganblue82

Dabbler
I should note my SAB "categories" settings are as follows:

tv (Category) > /mnt/media/complete/tv (Folder/Path) > TV (Indexer Categories / Groups)
movies (Category) > /mn/media/complete/movies (Folder/Path) > Movies (Indexer Categories / Groups)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.