NZBget install on 11.2 with iocage

Savell Martin

Contributor
Hey guys,

I setup a fresh FreeNAS box and I cannot get NZBget to install or work.
I've tried every guide I could possibly find, and pieced together what looks like something that should work:

Code:
##Install NZBGet in FreeNAS 11.2 using iocage

##2 Storage pools:
##Vault and Jailhouse

##jailhouse\apps\nzbget
##vault\media

##Both with media:media user group permissions

##ssh or use shell in FreeNAS:

1)     echo '{"pkgs":["nzbget","ca_root_nss","git","mono","mediainfo","sqlite3","curl","nano","wget","unrar","unzip","p7zip"]}' > /tmp/pkg.json

2)     iocage create -n "nzbget" -p /tmp/pkg.json -r 11.2-RELEASE ip4_addr="vnet0|10.10.10.245/24" defaultrouter="10.10.10.1" vnet="on" allow_raw_sockets="1" boot="on"

#Make sure all packages are updated:
3)     iocage exec nzbget pkg update -f
    iocage exec nzbget pkg upgrade -fy

4)     rm /tmp/pkg.json

#Create the nzbget directory in the dataset you created (not the jail).
#Example: mkdir -p /mnt/jailhouse/apps/nzbget
5)    mkdir -p /<APPDATA_PATH/nzbget

#Create /config and /download directories inside the jail itself. Note: I am not sure if nzbget already creates these, if so you'll get a message they already exist, no big deal
6)     iocage exec nzbget mkdir -p /config
    iocage exec nzbget mkdir -p /downloads

#Mount the dataset you created for appdata to the directory "config" you created in the step above inside the jail.
#Example: iocage fstab -a nzbget /mnt/jailhouse/apps/nzbget /config nullfs rw 0 0
7)    iocage fstab -a nzbget /<APPDATA_PATH> /config nullfs rw 0 0

#Same as above step, for downloads directory.
#Example: iocage fstab -a nzbget /mnt/jailhouse/downloads /downloads nullfs rw 0 0
8)    iocage fstab -a nzbget /<DOWNLOAD_PATH> /downloads nullfs rw 0 0

#Link Python2.7 to "Python" and "Python2" because that is what apps usually look for when trying to run Python scripts
9)    iocage exec nzbget ln -s /usr/local/bin/python2.7 /usr/bin/python
    iocage exec nzbget ln -s /usr/local/bin/python2.7 /usr/bin/python2

#Adds a group in the Jail called media with an id of 8675309. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SAME GROUP AND USER ID as the ones you assigned permissions to for <APPDATA> and <DOWNLOADS>
10)    iocage exec nzbget "pw groupadd -n media -g 8675309"

#Adds the media user with same id, adds to media group, sets no shell (not needed) and no login (also not needed).
11)    iocage exec nzbget "pw user add media -c media -u 8675309 -d /nonexistent -s /usr/bin/nologin"

#Gives the media user/group you just created ownership of the downloads and config directory in the jail, which should match up with your pools.
12) iocage exec nzbget chown -R media:media /downloads /config

#Enable auto start for nzbget
13)    iocage exec nzbget sysrc nzbget_enable=YES

#Make sure nzbget knows where to look for its config directory, which you set up in the proceeding steps
14) iocage exec nzbget sysrc nzbget_conf_dir="/config"

15)    iocage exec nzbget service nzbget start

This starts and says its running:
service nzbget status
nzbget is running as pid 15605.

So it all looks good, when I go to the URL 10.10.10.245:6789 I get the login box.
I put in the default username/pass - nzbget/tegbzn6789
This looks like it logs in but then I am just greeted by a lovely: Error: 503 Service Unavailable

I would love a bit of help getting this to work properly please, if anyone can shed some light on where in my guide it goes wrong?

RSVP

Explorer
Hi,
Did you ever get SABnzbd working in Iocage jail in freenas 11.2? I am still running in legacy because i cant get it sorted with the complete folder and permissions. I cant get NZBget to work at all. I would really like to get out of legacy warden jails. Everything else has been recreated and works well. Not much has been written on these. And what has, I have been unsuccessful implementing. At lease SAB i can get into the web gui and download. Just post processing is not right.
Thanks

RSVP

Explorer
Good for you. Can be a huge time sink, and hard to find info between old info on this site, reddit etc. I wish i would have gone a different platform. to deep into it now.

RSVP

Explorer
Finally sorted SAB. Will try to write it out in here tomorrow if your still interested....

msbxa

Contributor
we're interested to post for us any new successfully guides for Sabnzbd and NZBget if possible.

msbxa

Contributor
Open nzbget.conf and set the "ControlUsername=nzbget” and "ControlPassword=nzbget” default , tegbzn6789

msbxa

Contributor
Hey guys,]

This looks like it logs in but then I am just greeted by a lovely: Error: 503 Service Unavailable

I would love a bit of help getting this to work properly please, if anyone can shed some light on where in my guide it goes wrong?

In config file: vi /usr/local/etc/nzbget.conf Or using any editor modify the following parameters to resolve this error.

WebDir=/usr/local/share/nzbget/webui
ConfigTemplate=/usr/local/share/nzbget/nzbget.conf
UnrarCmd=/usr/local/bin/unrar
This parameter can be changed after you logged in SECURITY UMask =000

zamana

Contributor