NAS on a dime; Build review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sokonomi

Contributor
So ill have to go on the hunt for unbuffered ECC RAM. Thanks for clearing that up. :p

Im currently negotiating with someone for some Kingston ValueRAM KVR21E15D8/16. Can someone verify if this is a good strip for the ASRock Rack C236 WSI? @spotcatbug isnt this exactly what you've got? If so, I might be able to get my stingy mits on that 2nd hand strip for around 120 euros. Pretty decent deal, no?

Also, 450w corsair PSU is enough, right?

Last edited:

Sokonomi

Contributor
I didn't want to miss the opportunity, so I went ahead and pushed for the Kingston RAM. 135 euros in the end. :confused: I also just bit the pillow and took the hit on the rest of the stuff. Everything is locked in now. Lets see how far I can go. I'll update the start post as well.

spotcatbug

Dabbler
@spotcatbug isnt this exactly what you've got? If so, I might be able to get my stingy mits on that 2nd hand strip for around 120 euros. Pretty decent deal, no?

Doesn't really matter now, but, yes, I just checked my receipt, that is the exact stick I bought. I paid exactly $200.01, shipped, last November, if that helps you feel better.

Sheesh, I only paid $186.77 for the MB, shipped.

Sokonomi

Contributor
Kinda does, yes. I took a gamble because it was time sensitive, but now I know it ll be good. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.