SOLVED NAS gets inaccessible but harware is still running (1st gen Ryzen issue)

Balubrew

Cadet
Hello there,
Fist and foremost I am really a noob! Both at linux and truenas stuff so please bare this is mind. :)

I had a zyxel nas for ages but it finally died so I could move on. Since I had unused consumer pc parts I decided to take a look at truenas.
Hardware (which worked all perfectly beforehand):
  • Ryzen 1600x (stock)
  • 16GB of ram
  • RX460
  • 600W psu
Turenas version: TrueNAS-12.0-U6.1
I have 2 jails installed from the webUI lists: transmission and plex.
Everything works but the machine keeps turning off(?)/rebooting(?) for some reason and I couldn't find any help so far.
So the software gets inaccessible via webUI and the jails aren't working either but the hardware itself is running...

If you would like me to dig out some logfiles or other you will have to be really specific of where and how to get them :)
Thanks

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Disable Cool n Quiet and C6 states in your BIOS. These are the known stability tweaks for Ryzen boards.

Balubrew

Cadet
Ok. Made the changes. I will reply in a day or two as these lockups occure only once or twice a day.
Also I forgot to mention the mobo. MSI X370 gaming pro

Balubrew

Cadet
Disable Cool n Quiet and C6 states in your BIOS. These are the known stability tweaks for Ryzen boards.
The system hasn't locked/rebooted since the changes so this seems to be solved.
Thank you for the fast help the other day.
Since you are a mod you could mark my post solved and add in the tittle that this is a ryzen related problem.
Thanks again and cheers!