BUILD My Build "Advice always appreciated and thanked!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lamer

Contributor
Is it plugged in to one of the Intel SATA ports (the white ones)? If not do so. Is it detected by the BIOS when it doesn't boot? Can you manually select from the boot menu option (F11 or F12 - can't remember which) when it doesn't boot?

If none of those options work and you haven't made a bunch of changes in the BIOS then I would look at n RMA for your DOM.
OK, I switched the SATADOM to the white port as it was in the other. When it fails I do NOT see it in my BIOS. Looks like I'm off to buy a couple of good USB sticks tomorrow. Hopefully I can send the SATADOM back and get my money Back!

Jeff
Just picked up my three drives tonight :D ( WD Red 3TB)

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did it still fail to recognize it in the Intel SATA port?

Jeff Lamer

Contributor
Did it still fail to recognize it in the Intel SATA port?
It always seems to fail on first reboot but ok on second...very strange. I am not making any changes. I just want to ensure a restart on a powet outage or reboot. I am going to purchase a ups as backup also. ..could no hard drives be an issue ? Grasping at straws now

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Doubt it because your boot drive should show up regardless. Sounds like it's time for RMA.

Jeff Lamer

Contributor
Doubt it because your boot drive should show up regardless. Sounds like it's time for RMA.
Thanks...rma request sent

Status
Not open for further replies.