Not open for further replies.

jfr2006

Contributor

joeschmuck

Old Man
That is a pretty slick demo.

B

Bohs Hansen

not really sure what you're getting at with multi tasking gui. can you elaborate?

As example, try the demo from OP, click Config -> FTP and then try to click the question mark button. Think that's what he means, not familiar with the UI myself, but found this quickly.

jfr2006

Contributor
not really sure what you're getting at with multi tasking gui. can you elaborate?

More than the multitask (that for example allows me to put several concurrent transfers using the file manager) is the user interface. It's very appealing and rich. It has a nice feeling. If we could get something with that "***y appeal", it would be nice!

personally I'd rather have the developers work on functionality and accuracy rather than being pretty. furthermore, simultaneity is a PITA to deal with, doing 2 separate file transfer's simultaneously is a can of worms if the user decides to do 2 actions that are contrary to each other, the error handling would be quite difficult.

pretty though.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I agree with Matt as for having a solid functional system comes first, I'm sure the OP wasn't suggesting this type of GUI should take a front seat at all. Even though I think the interface is slick, it's not something I would expect to look at except for when I initially set up the device and then when I'm troubleshooting it.

jfr2006

Contributor
personally I'd rather have the developers work on functionality and accuracy rather than being pretty. furthermore, simultaneity is a PITA to deal with, doing 2 separate file transfer's simultaneously is a can of worms if the user decides to do 2 actions that are contrary to each other, the error handling would be quite difficult.

pretty though.

It should not be that hard....Anyway, you must admit that synology does offer good funcionality also. Their products are good and work very well...the only minus is the price ;)

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yes, they do have good products but like you said, it comes at a price. If I had a money tree I would buy from them but I don't so FreeNAS is my way around it.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Status
Not open for further replies.