Moved server and updated router (Google WiFi) now can't find anything

mindmaniac

Cadet
We recently moved to a new house and as part of the move I updated from an old DSL/wireless router to Fiber Optic modem with a Google WiFi system. Had I known all the problems I was creating I would have stayed in the old house. I hardwired the Freenas server directly to the 2nd port on the Google WiFi router. I followed instructions posted here to set a static IP in Freenas 192.168.85.5 and also updated the DHCP settings in Google WiFi to reserve the IP address for the server. I've rebooted all systems, yet I still can't connect to the Freenas webserver using that IP address. What am I doing wrong?
I also cannot directly access the folders of my server in CIFS sharing. Once I get past this hurdle it seems like it will be quite a way until I can get my Plex jail accessible.

Heracles

Wizard
Hi MindM,

We need a little more to help you... At first, it looks like a simple layer 2 problem...

Can you open a terminal on the FreeNAS server ? Can you ping the router from the FreeNAS ? Can you connect another computer to that network ? Can that other computer ping the router ? Did that other computer received an IP over DHCP ? Are you using straight cables or crossovers ? ...

From what you described here, nothing is related to FreeNAS. Really looks like a simple layer 2 - layer 3 network problem.

Good luck,