Changed router and cant access the server anymore

SnowManBawb

Cadet
Hello.

The originaly setup I had was
My PC <ethernet cable> Powerline adaptor <ethernet cable> TalkTalk Router <ethernet cable> TrueNas server
And that worked fine (limited upload speeds from powerline adaptors but it worked)

Then we switched our internet provider which gave us a new router that connected to a different part of the room which made the powerline adaptors very slow.
So I figured I could try connecting to the server as such
My PC <wifi dongle> Virgin Router <ethernet cable> TrueNas server
But that did not work at all.
I connected a monitor to the server and reset the default adress which didnt show up as well.
I also tried using the previous set up with the powerline adaptors but that didnt work as well.

My knowledge about all of this is as far as a youtube video goes so a lot of terms go over my head so some help with the questions I have would be highly appreciated.

1st: Is it even possible to access the server in this way? wifi > router > server? (I swear i remember accessing it before from my phone and shutting it down when i forgot to do so before but im not sure anymore)

2nd: Is there a setting that is turned off or on in the router settings that was enabled in the previous router but not the current one? If so what any kind of name or direction for me to search for would be great.

P.S. I am not sure what is the difference between a router and a modem so I have been been interchanging them

Server specs:
CPU-AMD FX 6300 6 core
GPU - GTX 750 TI (its unplugged unless I need to acess the server directly)
PSU - 600W Crosair
2 4TB HDD's and a ssd for the OS
(specs are vague because im mainly going off of memory and im not sure they are that much of a help with the current issue)

2twisty

Contributor
Did your new router switch to a different subnet? What's the IP of your TN server, and what is the IP of your router?