SOLVED More Bad Seagate Drives?

Redemption

Dabbler
After my last issue with drives, I dismantled my Server and called it quits. However, that only lasted three weeks; I could not help myself and built another NAS. I purchased new drives, different models.

I was going to burn in the drives per the suggestions on the forum, and after assembling the system, I ran;

smartctl -t short /dev/sdg

To my surprise, all the drives appear to be dying. I bought them from NewEgg. Someone told me last time that the Raid controller could be an issue or the cables. After seeing the Error rate, I removed the LSI HBA controller and installed the drives straight on the motherboard with no controller. After the change, the Raw Read Error Rate continues to increase. All four new drives have the same behavior. Are they shot?

Attachments

• Disk.png
    Disk.png
    594.6 KB · Views: 89

Redemption

Dabbler
Ok, upon researching the forum, it appears that Seagate always has wonky Raw_Read_Error_Rate. So the drives are good.

sretalla