Minidlna reading from 2 hdd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinbrad

Dabbler
Ok, just a quick question. I currently have one internal hdd which hosts my media files. Is it possible to attach another hdd either internally or externally and tell minidlna to use that as well. So in theory I would have one hdd with videos and the other with music and have minidlna stream them both simultaneously?

thanks in advance

joeschmuck

Old Man
Off the cuff I'd have to say you could use a second internal drive as a separate drive and share the media on it as well. I will not get into the format of your drives in your system, I'm just answering the question at hand.

To accomplish this I believe you need to do this...
1) Install the second drive and format it for your designated file system (UFS or ZFS) and mount it.
2) Create a directory on the second drive and put on a few files to share. Put on the rest of the files after you have tested it to save you some time.
3) Change your current mount point to /media/drive1 (just example). Of course you will need to create two subdirectories under /media within the jail called drive1 and drive2.
4) Create a Mount Point in the Jail Plugin to /media/drive2 (just an example).
5) Restart your MiniDLNA plugin and you should be good to go.

You could also share the files by changing the auxiliary parameters but the method above is the simplest.

Status
Not open for further replies.