Help needed with minidlna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirdragon

Dabbler
I have installed the minidlna plugin and unsure of how to fully configure this - i've looked at some info on it, but this is for earlier version of freenas and also checked the minidlna page which is about having a file in the /etc folder.

I have the mount currently configured as below

/mnt/Movies (contains movies and this is ZFS across 2 x 3tb drives)
BD Files
DVD Files

/mnt/Music-Pictures (contains music and pictures on 1 x 2tb drive)
Music Videos
Music Albums
Pictures

/mnt/TVShows (contains tv series on 1 x 2tb drive)
TVSeries

/mnt/Backups (1tb drive)
ComputerBackups
Downloads
Users

The jail was installed to the mnt/Movies location but I would like thisto be on the /mnt/Backups, how do i change it to be here.

Also when click on the minidlna under the plugin a dialog with configuration options and not sure on where this should be pointing to.

I've then tried the option to 'add storage' under the other menu options for the dlna, but not sure if this is correct either.

I have seen some posts where it recommends using a single mount (ie /mnt/media) with the subfolders added below this

So any help/advice appreciated and if need further info, let me know.

Is this because I'm on 9.2.1 (which is reported to have bugs) and not an earlier version (can I go back to an earlier version easily)

thanks

mirdragon

Dabbler
I've managed to sort this via trial and error, so well pleased - hope the following will help other noobs

removed the incorrect jails (using the destroy dataset) after un-installing the plugin
rebooted the server (as when tried reinstalling it added a duplicate again)
then under jails set the root to /mnt/music-pictures
then installed the minidlna
then followed these instructions from overclocker's freenas 9.1 setup guide
all my music is now displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.