MineOS won't install on TrueNAS 13.0 (plugin aborts install)

MithrilShard

Cadet
Hi everyone,
I'm getting an error while installing:
Code:
Install
Error: minecraft had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - py38-rdiff-backup : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

Screenshot 2022-07-15 012038.png

I'm not sure if I did something wrong... But I just tried to install is like other plugins (the others work).
I tried looking for solutions in this forum, but none are for this version and none of them work,
Maybe Jurgen Segaert (creator) or anyone else has a solution?

Thank you all.

uip88

Cadet
I have the same error

Error: Minecraft had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - py38-rdiff-backup : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

Austinbru

Dabbler
Error: Minecraft had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - py38-rdiff-backup : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

Same here as well. I've tried some of the other solutions mentioned below to no avail:

For the py38-rdiff-backup issue, please read this post:

Austinbru

Dabbler
@Jurgen Segaert I know that I am a bit of a n00b, but I have been successful building my own NAS, setting up redundant SMP network storage with various user access, and have a functioning Plex server ... but I will be honest with you, I cannot make heads or tails of the post that you reference above. I have tried and tried to make those solutions work...

Can we not just get this added to the plugin installation?

Austinbru

Dabbler
Sorry, to be more clear - I see your most recent posts in that thread, and I have tried pasting your suggested commands into Shell for various Jail builds that I have available to me: 12.3 13.0 and 13.1 I am getting the following response:

iocage: Command not found.

This is for TrueNAS CORE not TrueNAS scale.

And yes, this will eventually make it into the normal plugin installation.

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

Austinbru

Dabbler
My apologies ... okay it is installed and I've started the service, but when I attempt to reach the IP, I am getting a timeout response.

DHCP is off. NAT and VNET are checked

I am using the IP that is listed in the Jail ... I also checked this via ifconfig and matched it to the inet. I tried the broadcasted one as well, JIC.

I will note that the IP address it is using 172.XXX.XXX.XXX is not what I am used to seeing ... e.g. my router gateway is 192.XXX.XXX.XXX

Last edited:
Don't use that 172.x.x.x IP, but the IP of the TrueNAS host instead. The easiest way is to just click the "Manage" link in the plugin section.

Austinbru

Dabbler
Don't use that 172.x.x.x IP, but the IP of the TrueNAS host instead. The easiest way is to just click the "Manage" link in the plugin section.
Thank you .... I feel a little silly now that I've got it all working. I appreciate all the help along the way.

Hi all.
Similar issue on TrueNAS core -13.0.U2 when trying to instal MineOS
"
Error: mineosjail had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Last 10 lines: deprecated nodeunit@0.11.3: you are strongly encouraged to use other testing options npm ERR! code 127 npm ERR! path /usr/local/games/minecraft/node_modules/userid npm ERR! command failed npm ERR! command sh -c -- npm run build npm ERR! npm run build: --: not found npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2022-12-08T14_55_07_423Z-debug-0.log internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:905 throw err; ^ Error: Cannot find module 'daemonize2' Require stack: - /usr/local/games/minecraft/service.js at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:902:15) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:746:27) at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:974:19) at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:101:18) at Object.< anonymous > (/usr/local/games/minecraft/service.js:3:14) at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1085:14) at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1114:10) at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:950:32) at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:790:12) at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:75:12) { code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND', requireStack: [ '/usr/local/games/minecraft/service.js' ] } /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mineos: WARNING: failed to start mineos Partial plugin destroyed
CLOSE"

I have no clue what to make of this.... sorry

Any guidance greatly received.
MPC