MineOS Installation Error

AJ_

Cadet
Thank you I was able to get to the UI by, restarting jail then

Then I was able to login to the UI https://[[ip address]]:8443

Edit -
WebUI is acting strange, I restarted the jail multiple times.
The loading of the profiles (minecraft versions) and spigot is very slow. When I create a server it doesn't show up on my dashboard. After I refresh the page, it logs me out of webui and makes me start from scratch.

Edit 2 -
I Installed java pkg install openjdk8-jre-8.362.09.1_1
post which the Minecraft versions and spigot were showing up within ~5 mins of restarts, but I noticed that when I am trying to create a new server mineos crashes.
any help on this will be really appreciated, once I get this running, I will make a detailed updated guide.
TIA

victort

Guru
any help on this will be really appreciated, once I get this running, I will make a detailed updated guide.
TIA
I would really appreciate it if you ran the script I created. It solves all these problems.

I has all the same problems and was able to work through them.

AJ_

Cadet
I would really appreciate it if you ran the script I created. It solves all these problems.

I has all the same problems and was able to work through them.
I will try in few days, I am out sick

Edit - I updated to Scale TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.1 , mineos app works fine there.

Last edited:

testcb00

Dabbler
Can you try this script?

EDIT: my previous instructions did not work properly because I didn’t use supervisord

I compiled this script, and it seems to work great, even when destroying and rebuilding the jail, my data remains because the script mounts it outside the jail.

For anyone not wanting to use the script, the secrets to installing are these.

1. You need node16 and non-node16 pkgs
2. You need Java Runtime Environment. Most (including the official) tutorials do not mention this. The official documentation says you need Java, but the two option it gives to install it did not work for me. Instead I had to install openjdk17-jre for it to work. jre stand for Java Runtime Environment.
Thank you, victort.

Though I am not using your script directly, I read your script and I successfully built a mineos Jail (FreeBSD 12.4-RELEASE-p3) in TrueNAS Core 12.0U8.1.

victort

Guru
Thank you, victort.

Though I am not using your script directly, I read your script and I successfully built a mineos Jail (FreeBSD 12.4-RELEASE-p3) in TrueNAS Core 12.0U8.1.
Great. Thanks for the confirmation.

WHO

Cadet
HI.
I tried to install according to your instructions but got an error. How can it be fixed?

npm ERR! code EBADENGINE
npm ERR! engine Unsupported engine
npm ERR! engine Not compatible with your version of node/npm: npm@10.2.0
npm ERR! notsup Not compatible with your version of node/npm: npm@10.2.0
npm ERR! notsup Required: {"node":"^18.17.0 || >=20.5.0"}
npm ERR! notsup Actual: {"npm":"9.9.0","node":"v16.20.1"}

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: /root/.npm/_logs/2023-10-13T09_41_00_861Z-debug-0.log
Command: /bin/sh -c cd /usr/local/games/minecraft && npm install npm -g && npm install jsegaert/node-userid && npm install failed!
Failed to install MineOS.

WHO

Cadet
Can you try again?

I think I fixed it. Its a node version error.
I'll play around with this script some more to see if I can't use updated versions of the node pkg.
It's work! You are the best!
Thank you!