Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought a lot recently about the commercialization of Christmas. All the running here and there searching and buying gifts. What to get this person and that person? Time flying by so quickly. Food to fix. Decorations to put out. Now, don't get me wrong. I like Christmas. I really do. I just feel that all the hustle and bustle pulls my focus away from where it should be.

James 1:16-18 (NKJV) Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first fruits of His creatures.

I take solace is this verse. For we don't have to worry about giving anyone a perfect gift this holiday season. As the only good and perfect gift isn't ours to give. But we can tell people about it. Share the story of Jesus this week with someone...anyone. And if you already have Jesus in your heart then you have already received the best gift that you could ever receive.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Ho Ho Ho

joeschmuck

Old Man
OMG @joeschmuck what happened to your face, bee sting?
Honeydew_christmas.jpg
I have celebrated Christmas and my avatar has been changed back. I know the grinch is the grinch year around.

joeschmuck

Old Man

joeschmuck

Old Man
I can't take you seriously now. Too.... Funny.... To.... Look.... At.....

joeschmuck

Old Man
The funny thing is, I realized about an hour ago that I have one of those Grinch dolls sitting in the living room. I also have a Rudolph, Frosty, and others. But I don't have the little devil you have.

gpsguy

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Yes, Cyberjock apparently got someone in marketing at iXsystems to send me a box of old MeetBSD swag and some other cool stuff. Including about ten million FreeBSD stickers. And I think two little Beasties.

https://www.freebsdmall.com/cgi-bin/fm/bsdbeanie?id=NkWSe8g8&mv_pc=144

The thing is, years ago, I would have known what to do with all the stickers, but these days with everything being in the "cloud", there are no longer huge racks of Linux servers for me to re-badge. Heh.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

jgreco

Resident Grinch
That's how you can tell that the page's content hasn't been updated in something like 10 years, since CRTs were en vogue.

Hey, kid, I've got monitors that are older than you that I still use.

Reactions: DJ9

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hey, kid, I've got monitors that are older than you that I still use.
Nothing against CRTs (except for the massive weight and volume and the fact that they emit ionizing radiation) - image quality took quite a dive with early LCDs. I think only my current monitor manages to equal or surpass the decidedly average CRT I used back in the Pentium 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.