Managing "old" iocage FreeNAS 11.1 Jails in new 11.2 UI not Possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick83972

Cadet
Hi im not able to change Settings like auto-boot in the newest 11.2 rc2 ui for my jails that i created in 11.1 because the save changes Button is grey and not clickable.
If i create a new Jail in 11.2 it works fine and i`m able to change settings in the UI. But even if I update my 11.1 Jails to 11.2 im not able to change settings because of a greyed out save Button.
What do I need to do so that i can change settings and manage the Jails ?
Do I need to recreate the 11.1 iocage Jails in 11.2 ?

emk2203

Guru
Short answer, yes, saves a lot of hassle. I made the switch by recreating, didn't regret it. Cleaner, more up-to-date jails.

From the announcement of 11.2-RC2 on the iXsystem blog:

• The Plugins and Jails backend has switched from warden to iocage and warden will no longer receive bug fixes. The new UI will automatically use iocage to create and manage Plugins and Jails. Users are encouraged to recreate any existing Plugins and Jails using the new UI to ensure that they are running the latest supported application versions.

Last edited:

nick83972

Cadet
Thanks, i thought because im already using iocage it would work. But now im going to rebuild them.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Thanks, i thought because im already using iocage it would work. But now im going to rebuild them.
It should. You should file a bug report on this.

emk2203

Guru
I skipped over the word 'iocage' at first read. @Jailer is right - you should report this.

nick83972

Cadet
Dumb mistake by myself, didnt fill out all required fields like IPV4 Interface and the UI didnt show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.