Mac shares disappearing after "reconnecting"

Status
Not open for further replies.

moorecode

Cadet
So I have a number of different shared on my NAS, 4 AFP shares and 2 SMB shares all setup with authentication (tied to groups).
I have a user account that is a member of all groups associated with the shares, now here is the issue:

On every first connect (after rebooting) all of the folders show up as expected and I can access them all. However if I go into one of the folders and it loads up, sometimes when I go back out of it the 4 AFP shares disappear. The same thing happens if I click "disconnect" then reconnect. The folders do not return until I reboot the FreeNAS machine and they only show up again on the first connect.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Info:
Latest version of MacOS and Stable FreeNAS
Another thing to note is that the SMB shares do show up for Guest users and don't disappear at all.

snaptec

Guru
Try connecting in finder through CMD + k.
Does that work?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

stephen thomas

Dabbler
I'm having exactly the same problem. Latest FreeNAS 9.10.2, macOS 10.12.1.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I'd connect and I'd stay connected to the shares until I ejected. Now, the shares are frequently ejecting by themselves.

The problem seems to be getting worse, as I'm connecting to one volume, but then it instantly disconnects.

Details of our system:

Each dataset has a Owner (group) based on what we share it as (e.g. 'assets', 'projects').

Each user on the system has their primary group being of the same name as their username.

Each user is given access to shares by being added to auxiliary groups.

Please see the attached screenshots for permissions/share settings.

I've tried connecting with CMD + k and it does the same thing...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.51.18.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.51.18.png
    79 KB · Views: 409
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 12.00.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 12.00.10.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 399

snaptec

Guru
Weird, I have just the problem when I click in Finder on the FN Server in the left bar.
Connecting through CMD+k works flawlessly and stays connected for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.