LSI driver version in 9.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z300M

Guru
What is the version of the LSI driver in FreeNAS 9.3-RELEASE? Someone (cyberjock?) had written earlier that it would be P18, but I see no mention of this in the Release Notes.

My firmware is at P16. Should I update it to P18?

D

dlavigne

Nope, 16 is the version in 9.3. There is a built-in alert that will notify you whenever your driver is mismatched. If your version is lower, it should be upgraded. If you had a higher version, you could either keep it (as untested) or downgrade it to the supported version.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
For clarity this is the LSI SAS2 info. LSI SAS3 is running P5.
(and I didn't receive any sort of alert when my FW was mismatched - was I supposed to?)

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
16 is only relevant for an LSI SAS2 controller. I have a SAS3 controller.

D

dlavigne

Gotcha. I'm not sure if there is an alert for SAS3...

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
LSI SAS3 driver version is "05.255.05.00-fbsd", so you probably should not receive the alert any way for it.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I know and my Firmware was v6. Is that OK? Or should the firmware be downgraded to v5? Should there be an alert or not for a mismatch?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I know and my Firmware was v6. Is that OK? Or should the firmware be downgraded to v5? Should there be an alert or not for a mismatch?

They should probably match. At this early stage, it's harder to say, since everything is bound to be somewhat in flux. In other words, you're the SAS3 guinea pig.

mav@

iXsystems
iXsystems
Usual recommendation is to have them in sync, as the most tested combination. But I would not downgrade it unless for specific issues.

As I can see, alert module checks firmware only for SAS2 LSIs, those that supported by mps driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.