LSI Driver Version for 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlach

Patron
Hey all,

I read through the release notes, and there was no mention of the LSI SAS driver version for this release.

I was expecting it to be updated to 17, based on some comments I read on these forums prior to release.

The reason I am asking, is it has been suggested to me that it is very important to match LSI driver and Firmware versions, and I am not quite sure how I poll the driver version currently used. I am a Linux guy, and BSD just just slightly different enough that it throws me for a loop, and simple things take much longer than they should.

So, did the driver get updated to 17? Nothing in my FreeNAS 9.3 dmesg complains about mismatched drivers, and I vaguely recall that being the case the last time I wound up with mismatched driver and firmware.

Much obliged,
Matt

mattlach

Patron
Never mind,

I did some more digging in dmesg, and found this:
mps0: Firmware: 16.00.00.00, Driver: 16.00.00.00-fbsd
mps1: Firmware: 16.00.00.00, Driver: 16.00.00.00-fbsd

So, it looks like the driver version stayed the same, and I am all set!

D

dlavigne

Version 16 is the driver in this release and the alert system should notify you if you're running anything besides v16.

mattlach

Patron
Version 16 is the driver in this release and the alert system should notify you if you're running anything besides v16.

Ahh, thank you.

Is this new? I don't recall the alert system being triggered by this in the past.

mattlach

Patron
Status
Not open for further replies.