Lots of noob’s questions inside

starche.old

Dabbler
Regarding the HBA controller. Does it really matter if that Dell or LSI one? In other words, which one should I buy?
or

ChrisRJ

Wizard
Regarding the HBA controller. Does it really matter if that Dell or LSI one?
LSI, in this context, is an HBA vendor as well as a chipset manufacturer. You can find LSI chipsets on HBAs from a number of vendors/OEMs: Dell, IBM/Lenovo, HP, LSI etc. As long as the chipset (suitable LSI model) and firmware (IT mode, no RAID functionality) fit, it is ok. Having the name LSI on tha HBA vs. e.g. IBM does not change things.

starche.old

Dabbler
Just ordered the 1st one.

When it will arrive, what I need to do to make sure that I won't damage the pool? Or just plug and play and the pool is smart enough to handle the rest?

starche.old

Dabbler
Hello,

Got Dell H310 card flashed with LSI firmware.

I've got a question here. Right now I've got 20GB of RAM. But when I'm plugging the card into my mobo, all of sudden I can see 14GB of RAM only. I guess my question is: does Dell H310 reserve 6GB of RAM for itself (pretty much like the video card is doing) OR something wrong with the card?

Thank you.

sretalla