Lost connection to cli

Status
Not open for further replies.

opssheriff

Dabbler
Several things are not working, monitor hookup and serial interface does not work. Yet we can get to one of the nic interface via dhcp. Unfortunately the web interface is very unfamiliar. ASRock is the web interface able to be reached, yet this was not the interface I had worked in previously. It was a freenas interface.

Is the system caput or can I recover from this interface?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It would be nice to know literally anything about your system. Hardware, FreeNAS version, ...

ASRock is the web interface able to be reached
So, you seem to have IPMI access. Use that to look at the console and show us what it's displaying.

opssheriff

Dabbler
Here you go.

Attachments

• ASROCK-GUI.png
    ASROCK-GUI.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 230
  • ASROCK-GUI-logged in.png
    ASROCK-GUI-logged in.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 225

opssheriff

Dabbler
It would be nice to know literally anything about your system. Hardware, FreeNAS version, ...

So, you seem to have IPMI access. Use that to look at the console and show us what it's displaying.

Actually the console connection does not work, so unfortunately I cannot give you that part. Can you go over the actual settings in putty to insure I have it setup correctly?

danb35

Hall of Famer

opssheriff

Dabbler
Apparently,

wasn't clear enough.

What happens when you try?

And, perhaps most importantly, what does this:

mean? A screen shot of the "very unfamiliar" web interface might help...

Not use to seeing this but the FREENAS one I've always seen in the past. If I had a screenshot I would provide it. Yet at this screenshot, there is nothing associated with cifs or any type of file sharing. So can I recover from this, does this make sense or no one understands?

danb35

Hall of Famer
If I had a screenshot I would provide it.
Can you not take one? My crystal ball isn't working today, so I have no idea what you've always seen in the past, nor the way (if any) that what you're now seeing is different.
does this make sense
No, none whatsoever. You've giving absolutely no relevant information.

Let's start with something very fundamental--is the system powered on? The two screen shots you have posted are the system's IPMI interface--that will be accessible even when the system isn't turned on.

opssheriff

Dabbler
Apparently,

wasn't clear enough.

What happens when you try?

And, perhaps most importantly, what does this:

mean? A screen shot of the "very unfamiliar" web interface might help...

I believe I attached that already, but if not can do again.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

danb35

Hall of Famer
I believe I attached that already
What you attached previously was the IPMI web interface. If that's all you can get to, I refer you to my previous question: is the system, in fact, powered on?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What you attached previously was the IPMI web interface. If that's all you can get to, I refer you to my previous question: is the system, in fact, powered on?
This is a good question. One of the fans has a reading, but the voltages from the PSU don't, besides the standby rail.

opssheriff

Dabbler
Yes it is powered on, I am connected to the interface screenshots I attached earlier.

I guess I could do a restore factory defaults, see if that will force it back to an operational state.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I am connected to the interface screenshots I attached earlier
Meaningless, the BMC runs off of the standby rail, it's always on, even when the host isn't.

I guess I could do a restore factory defaults, see if that will force it back to an operational state.
In the IPMI web GUI? That will accomplish exactly nothing.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Yes it is powered on, I am connected to the interface screenshots I attached earlier.
As @Ericloewe says, these two things are completely unrelated. If you go under the Remote Control menu, do you see an option for Power Control? What do you see if you click on that?

opssheriff

Dabbler
As @Ericloewe says, these two things are completely unrelated. If you go under the Remote Control menu, do you see an option for Power Control? What do you see if you click on that?

Under Remote Control are the following. Console Redirection - Server Power Control - Java SQL

Console redirection point to Java SQL, neither works or brings anything up.

Server Power Control gives reset and reboot options.

Attachments

• Power Control.png
    Power Control.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 217

danb35

Hall of Famer
Server Power Control gives reset and reboot options.
Would you give a screen shot of what appears when you click on Server Power Control?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What is the motherboard's model, anyway?

opssheriff

Dabbler
Here are few pictures, and if I need to take it apart further I can. If not good enough.

Attachments

• mics.JPG
    mics.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 201
  • motherboard.JPG
    motherboard.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 193
  • motherboard-close.JPG
    motherboard-close.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 204
  • serialnumber.JPG
    serialnumber.JPG