Logs show almost daily UPS "disconnection"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Same here. Didn't work. Maybe "30" is not the droids we are looking for.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
It didn't help for me by the way.

I put this script in a .sh file on my pool, and run it at startup, but i still get the sata stale/drive disconnect messages :(

Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo "MAXAGE 30" >> /etc/local/nut/upsd.conf
service nut restart

exit 0
Because thats the wrong file path.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Because thats the wrong file path.
Well, the path was right in mine (because I didn't even look at the posted path, lol, and went directly to the correct directory), since i manually changed the upsd.conf file. While I realize that won't persist across a reboot, I can assure you, MAXAGE 30 did not this report. I have tried 60. I will report back.

EDIT: Wait, you're confusing me sweetandlow.?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Code:
Jun  6 11:10:12 giskard upsmon[82038]: Communications with UPS ups established
Jun  6 11:57:12 giskard usbhid-ups[82898]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device busy
Jun  6 12:00:59 giskard usbhid-ups[82898]: Got disconnected by another driver: Device busy
[root@giskard] /etc/local/nut#

Didn't work by the way.

Code:
[root@giskard] /etc/local/nut# cat upsd.conf
LISTEN 127.0.0.1
MAXAGE 60
[root@giskard] /etc/local/nut#

Before you ask, yes, I restarted nut.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Woops I apologize that is the correct path.

I would also like to point out that this fix of modifying the max age is a pretty good hack. There is most likely something wrong with the driver that gets used and that should be fixed but for the time being this is a good workaround. I think you must have a different problem or something. If I was you I would look to see if the nut process is running or if the driver is running, this just gives you a good idea of the current state. Next you can look into running the driver manually with the debug flag so you can see the actually logs output to stdout. Once you have the driver running and nut started try queuing the UPS and see if communication even works.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
It didn't help for me by the way.

I put this script in a .sh file on my pool, and run it at startup, but i still get the sata stale/drive disconnect messages :(

Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo "MAXAGE 30" >> /etc/local/nut/upsd.conf
service nut restart

exit 0
no need for a script, you can just put the command into the init box. If you want to run it as a script make sure it works when you run it by hand first.

Status
Not open for further replies.