Jails Will Not Start or Upgrade After Upgrading from 11.3 to 12.0

SlackerDude

Explorer
Okay, it seems there are similar posts here about this sort of thing, but mine is a combination of no longer being able to access shares from Windows or Macs, and not able to start, update, or upgrade any of my four jails. Of course, because I am an idiot, I have already upgraded the pool, so there is no reverting to 11.3 now. I can access the web interface, and can still access the thing using Filezilla via SFTP. I have read through numerous posts here of others having similar issues, but none so far that have the two I have together. I suspect this may have to do with ACL settings. but since I have officially exhausted my meager skills and knowledge, I am asking for anyone to offer some ideas or suggestions.

1st UPDATE: I think I have managed a way around the SMB share issue, by creating a new user. Since I am the only one accessing shares on this, that will suffice. I still need to discover what is keeping my jails from starting, or being able to upgrade from 11.3-RELEASE-p14. Any ideas or help on this?

2nd UPDATE: I have not been able to figure out why the jails won't upgrade. I have installed new plugin instances of Plex, Sonarr, and Transmission, and am in the process of configuring them from scratch. Couchpotato plugin will not install, so will have to circle back to it afterward. If anyone has any thoughts on getting the previous jails to upgrade, I would love to hear them. I'm not going to delete them for a few days, to see if can eventually figure it out.

Last edited:

SlackerDude

Explorer
Not really solved at all, I just figured it would best to close this, since no one has offered any ideas or suggestions. :smile: