Jails lost network connection after Update to TrueNAS-12.0-U1

jocmoc

Cadet
I updated to the latest TrueNAS-12.0-U1. After that all my Jails are not accessible in the network anymore. Including nextcloud (installed via plugin) and my reverse-proxy (installed manually). I'm not a network or admin expert in any case - so probably I have some misconfiguration here. But as sayed it worked before the updated. I updated the system several times already even coming from freeNAS...

I can start, stop and access jails via console (GUI) but not via network. Havn't changed anything in the network infrastructure since then.
TrueNAS Sytem and VMs are working fine.

Here a Jail configuration:

ksnip_20210106-080207.png

and ifconfig:
screenshot_20210106-080920.png

Thanks!

jocmoc

Cadet
Well today I tried to fix that again and now the jail are working again ... but I don't know what fixed it :smile:
I tried to update the nextcloud plugin - what run a while and then displayed "There is no update".
After that I enabled DHCP just to try and voila the jail was accessible in the network. So I disabled DHCP again and set static IP like it was before ... from that moment all jails where accessible in the network again. I have no idea what really fixed it but I'm happy to have my nextcloud and reverse-proxy back :smile:

I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE @jocmoc, BUT PREPARE YOURSELF FOR BATTLE! :mad: :tongue:

(Glad you got it fixed, and "salute!" to my Linux Mint fellow!) :wink:

Last edited:
not sure what you mean with that...
I never bumped into someone with the same Linux Mint avatar. It's unreal but awesome! :wink:

At first I thought that I posted this, and I couldn't remember doing it, until I saw our icons were almost identical. :tongue:

98387.jpg
8027fc232d17375cdb5cedbb7e9319f0

Hence why I wrote:
(Glad you got it fixed, and "salute" to my Linux Mint fellow!)

shane.prince

Dabbler
I updated to the latest TrueNAS-12.0-U1. After that all my Jails are not accessible in the network anymore. Including nextcloud (installed via plugin) and my reverse-proxy (installed manually). I'm not a network or admin expert in any case - so probably I have some misconfiguration here. But as sayed it worked before the updated. I updated the system several times already even coming from freeNAS...

I can start, stop and access jails via console (GUI) but not via network. Havn't changed anything in the network infrastructure since then.
TrueNAS Sytem and VMs are working fine.

Here a Jail configuration:

View attachment 44010
and ifconfig:
View attachment 44011
Thanks!

shane.prince

Dabbler
Hi Guys , I am having the exact same issue . My Jails all of sudden stopped responding on my local network and i am unable to identify the root cause. Has your issue been resolved and can you share the solution which worked for you.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Is hardware offloading disabled for the physical interface?