Upgrade to 12.0-U3, network stack is not working at startup.

hunter-nl

Cadet
After the upgrade from 12.0-U2.1, the WEBUI is not working. The NGINX service could not started due not working network stack.

In Console.log:
truenas Failed to sync interfaces
truenas nginx: [emerg] bind() to [2001:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::15]:443 failed (49: Can't assign requested address)

All network depended services are failing during the startup of the system. I need to open a shell on the console and restart networking service and starting all depended services to get it working again. This happens at each reboot.

How to get this fixed?

Seems like the IP address may be already in use or the network interface is not up.

Are you getting an IP address?

hunter-nl

Cadet
No the IP addresses are all static but "tentative" as interface is not "up". It looks to me the network service tries to start too early and then fails. And then all depended services will also fail. I had this issue not before the upgrade.

Ok... Now, post all of your system information per the Forum Rules. It will help people looking at your request have a better insight when trying to help. It will also cut down on the "noise" of people reminding you they need system information to help!

Here's something quick to try. From the console:
service middlewared restart

hunter-nl

Cadet
Here's something quick to try. From the console:
service middlewared restart

The TrueNAS is running on ProxMox as virtual guest system. I've running this smoothly since the first beta version of TrueNAS.

The /etc/ix.rc.d/ix-netif script is started at boot. The following part is failing at the midclt command during the boot:

Code:
netif_start()
{
  echo "Starting interfaces..."
  # If middlewared failed to start for some reason or the call failed
  # we need to fallback to configuring interfaces using rc.d/netif for debugging.
  do_kill=false
  if ! /usr/local/bin/midclt -t 120 call interfaces.sync true > /dev/null 2>&1; then
    _interface_config > /etc/rc.conf.network
    do_kill=true
  fi

After the system is up and I can open a shell on the console,
ifconfig command shows the static IP addresses but marked as tentative.
Interfaces are UP.
When I run /etc/ix.rc.d/ix-netif then that part is working and the network stack is working again.

service middleware restart does not help to start the other services.

I have to run
service nginx start
Then login into the webui, go to the services, restart all the required services depending on the network (ssh, iscsi, nfs, smb) to get that working. Then I have to rejoin the Active Directory too to allow AD users to connect to the SMB shares.

So the big question is, what has been changed between 12.0-U2.1 and 12.0-U3 related to midclt -t call interfaces.sync true command????