Plex Jail Failure after 12.0-U3 upgrade

geopfarth

Explorer
I ran the upgrade to TrueNas 12.0-U3 without any trouble. However, when I tried to access my Plex Jail (installed manually not the plugin) I was unable to do so. The Jail is marked as "up" in the TrueNas system, but I am unable to hit the Web interface for the Plex server. If I try to stop the Jail, I get the following error:
Error: [EFAULT] + Stopping services FAILED ERROR: jexec: jail_attach(1): Not a directory Please use --force flag to force stop jail
The mount points still look like they are there and correct, so I am unsure how this happened.

If I try to stop the jail using the CLI I get the following:

root@freenas:~ # iocage stop plex --force
* Stopping plex
+ Removing devfs_ruleset: 1000 OK
+ Removing jail process FAILED:
jail: ioc-plex: mount.fstab: /mnt/iocage/jails/plex/fstab: No such file or directory

I rebuilt my Plex server using a plugin in the new 12.0-U3 version, but I am wondering how I screwed up the existing jail, and if it would be possible to fix it?

ThreeDee

Guru
how did you initially install .. by a script or just simply...
Code:
pkg install plex
..?

did you install with metadata stored outside of the jail?

is the jail up to date? 12.2 p6 ?(i think)

geopfarth

Explorer
ThreeDee,

Originally installed in 11.3 using Pentaflake's guide. I ran updates on the jail occasionally using the shell commands. All of the metadata was inside the Jail. After the successful update to TrueNas I attempted the same thing again and the jail stopped being accessible.

Because this is a home media server, and none of the media files were impacted, it is easy to abandon that jail and move on. I am interested in getting rid of the unresponsive jail, but that is only to clear off space in the system volume in case I want to spin up anything else. I currently have tons of room there so it is not critical in any way.