Web gui login hangs after update to 12.0-U3.1

finnborgi

Cadet
After i updated from 12.0-U3 to U3.1 i cant login to access the admin web gui. I can access and display the login screen, but after i press "login" the scrolling animation over the logo starts, but nothing happen. I have not been able to find any logs that indicate an error other that a conatant prinf error, but that is related to smdb ao i guess that i not relevant. All my iscsi-connections, NFS and SMB-connections works just fine, i just can't just log into the admin-interface...

Any suggestions for where to look?

aerodesic

Cadet
Just adding a 1+ to this. As far as I can tell my system (which is basically acting as a replication mirror and interface to a cloud backup system) is working just fine. Getting periodic notices, etc. Just no web gui. So I'm not panicking (yet) :smile: Searching has uncovered nothing helpful and as stated before, the web 'gui' for login works ok - it just hangs after the account information is presented. Also, presenting false account info *will* elicit an error as appopriate. Digging around I don't see anything wrong (i.e. errors) regarding httpd.

aerodesic

Cadet
Update: the login is NOT working correctly. It will report if user name is invalid, but if valid user, password doesn't matter: it always hangs. Logging in via ssh presents no difficulty.

aerodesic

Cadet
My casual (and not yet learned) guess is that something is rotten in the state of the gui authorization file. I found an error;
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1247, in _execute_context
self.dialect.do_execute(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 590, in do_execute
cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (sqlite3.OperationalError) no such column: account_bsdusers.bsdusr_sudo_nopasswd
[SQL: SELECT account_bsdusers.id, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_uid, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_username, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_unixhash, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_smbhash, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_home, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_shell, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_full_name, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_builtin, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_smb, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_password_disabled, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_locked, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_sudo, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_sudo_nopasswd, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_sudo_commands, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_microsoft_account, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_group_id, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_attributes, account_bsdusers.bsdusr_email, account_bsdgroups_1.id, account_bsdgroups_1.bsdgrp_gid, account_bsdgroups_1.bsdgrp_group, account_bsdgroups_1.bsdgrp_builtin, account_bsdgroups_1.bsdgrp_sudo, account_bsdgroups_1.bsdgrp_sudo_nopasswd, account_bsdgroups_1.bsdgrp_sudo_commands, account_bsdgroups_1.bsdgrp_smb
FROM account_bsdusers LEFT OUTER JOIN account_bsdgroups AS account_bsdgroups_1 ON account_bsdgroups_1.id = account_bsdusers.bsdusr_group_id
WHERE account_bsdusers.bsdusr_username = ?]

That resulted, in an attempt to contact the crash server, which failed and hung apparently. Given it's complaining about the format of the sqlite3 "account" file, I'm guessing something didn't get upgraded during the update. For reference, my update was from U2.1 to U4. I tried to step to U3, but it went directly to U4 but didn't collect $200.

Update information I failed to provide:
My system is a FREENAS-MINI-XL purchased as a bare-bones system and populated with 8 6TB Red Pro drives. It's running only as a backup server for my main FREENAS-MINI. The backup has no extra plugins or jails installed but DOES do backups to Backblaze twice a week.

I've rolled back to U2.1 and will wait for and try the next point release when available.

Last edited:

gg6020

Cadet
I have the same problem, after updating login screen hangs as described. Even my shares are unavailable. is there is fix to this? its quite worrying now.