SOLVED Cannot access Shares and Web GUI

xclaim

Cadet
Suddenly I cant seem to access the web GUI - I can ping server and it seems to boot correctly but cant access GUI through browser. Also my windows SMB shares have stopped. I'm on TrueNAS-12.0-U3.1

also noticed that when i continuously try and access the GUI while server is booting i can get to the login page and then after the server finally finishes the booting sequence it then says 'unable to connect'

or any help is appreciated.

is there a way i can access the logs ?

TY.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Do you have an IP conflict between your server and something else on your network?

xclaim

Cadet
Do you have an IP conflict between your server and something else on your network?
thanks - that's the first thing i checked as well and even though its set to dhcp I bound the IP tot he server and confirmed no conflicts
also i connect to webui through IP and not through URL - and have also done a tracert and it tracers back to server fine
looks like all of that is good (at-least so i think)

the server is giving me these messages
truenas kernel [1286] Last message 'arp: f4:cf:a2:4b:06' repeated 11 times, suppressed by syslog-ng on trunas.local

does that mean anything - cant say i recognised it from before but i didnt have the screen plugged in.

can i check logs on server ? if so how do i do that ?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Try static addressing your server instead of DHCP. I've seen problems where DHCP doesn't respond quickly enough, and the server then has no IP.

xclaim

Cadet
that was it - i first went through the option of 4-default static route on the main menu, then set it to ip and router ip for gateway and did the same for 5-configure static route and its now working - TY sir for the tip :)