Jail Plugins Not showing Up in Tree 8.3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0stnyc

Cadet
Hey Guys,

I am really stick. I have been trying to install minidlna all day but I cant turn on the service and I keep getting the message minidlna did not validate, configure it first. The problem is minidlna is not showing up in plugins tree for me the configure. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the plugin jail as well as the minidlna several times but no use. I also verified that I am using the correct versions and no go. Also checked ip address and changed to different address on my network. I also tried to install transmission, which worked and lets me turn on the service but also does not show up in the tree for me to configure.

Do I have a corrupt freenas install or is there a step I am missing?

joeschmuck

Old Man
So after you install the MiniDLNA plugin, you do not see it in the GUI on the left side of the screen under "Plugins - Management- MiniDLNA" ?

l0stnyc

Cadet
So after you install the MiniDLNA plugin, you do not see it in the GUI on the left side of the screen under "Plugins - Management- MiniDLNA" ?

Correct. I tried reinstalling several times and rebooting as well. Any ideas?

joeschmuck

Old Man
The only thing that typically messes things up like this is the web browser you are using or the cache in the web browser needs to be cleared.

l0stnyc

Cadet
The only thing that typically messes things up like this is the web browser you are using or the cache in the web browser needs to be cleared.

THANK YOU!

I cant believe all day and that was all. I owe you one.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I setup my Firefox to disable the disk cache since I use SSD and I am tired of the disk cache screwing with me. :P It's just too easy to close Firefox(thereby flushing the RAM cache) and reopen it to make sure I'm not viewing an old webpage.

joeschmuck

Old Man
THANK YOU!

I cant believe all day and that was all. I owe you one.
I've been there and trust me, it took me two times to remember that this bites everyone once in a while. I'm sure I'll get hit again, could be 6 months from now but it will happen.

EDIT: I do have the cache cleared automatically when Firefox exits but I will run into something that resets everything, could be uninstalling and reinstalling something. As I said, it will get me again someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.