Jail Mount Points to non-empty destination?

chravis

Contributor
I do not know if this question is specific to the MineOS plugin/jail as this is my first attempt to do what I'm doing. But I am reinstalling the MineOS plugin. Based on things I found on the interwebs, it was suggested that I created a separate dataset on my pool that mounts to the games/minecraft folder in the jail.
So, in my pool, I created a new dataset (actually a dataset in a dataset) Pool > MineOSDataset > games.
Then I installed the MineOS plugin. Then I went to the jail, stopped the jail, and attempted to create a mount point to the destination /mnt/FreeNASPool1/iocage/jails/mineos/root/var/games/minecraft. However, I get the error "destination must be empty".
What I don't understand is that this folder will never be empty even with a fresh plugin install. There are 4 folders underneath it.
Am I missing something fundamental here about creating mount points? The tutorials I read suggest this is what you do, so at least at some point it must have been possible?
Thanks for any help!

Yeah, this validation seems to be a feature that was recently introduced in the GUI.

Assuming the directory on your pool where you want to store your Minecraft data is called /mnt/tank/mcdata, you can either add individual mountpoints for each of all the subfolders (archive, backup, import, profiles and servers) or mount from the command line:
Code:
iocage stop mineos
iocage fstab -a mineos "/mnt/tank/mcdata /var/games/minecraft nullfs rw 0 0"
iocage start mineos