iSCSI Authorized Access -- Cannot add a new group member, or modify an existing member

eshwayri

Dabbler
I posted this on the Help forum and got no takers. Before I open a Jira ticket, I thought I would ask on there in case this is a known issue. I would upgrade to U6 to see if it's fixed, but there are some indications that even worse things may be broken in U6. It's easy to boot back to U5, but right now I am locked in a battle with both a Windows upgrade (2003 to 2012) and a VMWare upgrade (4.1 to 6.5), so I don't want to add any new variables until they are settled. I didn't see any tickets open or fixed in U6 that would address this. I saw one ticket in there where group id of 0 was fixed in U5, so I am wondering if that code sparked this problem. Anyway, any comments or suggestions before I go through with a formal bug report would be appreciated.

My iSCSI authorized access list looks like this:

GroupID User
3 iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:esx1-5031e118
3 iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:esx2-778be28c
3 iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:esx3-3400a5e9
3 iqn.1998-01.com.vmware:esx4-2c16863b

I re-installed esx1 today, and wanted to update the iqn in the group access list above with the new value. When I try to do this, it won't save and returns an error of "Tag 3 is already in use." I then tried to add it as a new entry in group 3, and got the same error. If I add it to a new group, say 5, it adds it without issue; however, if I then try adding another test entry into the same group, I get the same error about the new group. This is an existing configuration that I have used for many years. I tried this both with the new interface and the legacy interface with the same result. It looks like U5 is only allowing one entry per-group, which kind of negates the whole point of having a group. I don't know if this broke in U5 or in some earlier version since I haven't needed to update my groups in a long time. I am still on FreeNAS-11.2-U5; I will try U6 as soon as I can take the downtime. I read the release notes and did not see this listed under the fixes, so not sure if this has been noted before. Anyone seen this before? Any suggestions?

I worked around this issue for now by renaming the IQN in VMWare to match the old IQN I already have in the configuration. Very soon now I will need to add a new member to another group, and that I can't really work around with this. I am hoping I can just create a new group and use the same password; ugly, but should work.