Is there anything like Freenas that actually works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarr

Cadet
Looking for a freenas type solution where the stuff actually works. Just installed 11.2 and aside from the storage file, literally nothing works. It won't download plugins, send emails, can't even login with a user account. Every time I try to download a plugin in stays at 50% for a few minutes then just log my account out and nothing. pretty disappointed.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Could you tell us exactly what your system parameters are, including the make and model of motherboard, type and amount of RAM, etc.?

ccarr

Cadet
I wouldn't waste my time, or yours, telling you information that's irrelevant to the problem. I click 'install plugin', it says Install 50%... then logs me off, when I log back on nothing...

adrianwi

Guru

garm

Wizard
This works for me every time
1548149629147.jpeg

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
@ccarr : Sir, I am sure you will find that another NAS product, perhaps a Synology as @adrianwi suggests, would be more to your liking. Good luck, and have a pleasant afternoon.

Yorick

Wizard
I'm going to go with either "not enough RAM" or "bad hardware". And yeah, if looking for root cause isn't your thing, @ccarr , Synology all the way.

adrianwi

Guru
Taxi?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Clearly FreeNAS itself doesn't actually work, and all of us who think we have working systems are just deluding ourselves. @ccarr, maybe you aren't trying to be a troll, but you're definitely behaving like one.

rvassar

Guru
Geez... Y'All have an axe to grind with Synology? QNAP is clearly a better fit.

danb35

Hall of Famer

ccarr

Cadet
I didn't tell you the equipment to avoid the typical ignorance you get from most people who can't help so they try to use the equipment as a scapegoat, much like when you call the cable company and they tell you to "turn it off and back on" like you haven't already done that. It comes as no surprise this forum is riddled with you idiots.

I did manage to get the plugins working. With the equipment I had, holy shit right, which happens to be both compatible and suitable for FreeNas.

Mlovelace

Guru
I didn't tell you the equipment to avoid the typical ignorance you get from most people who can't help so they try to use the equipment as a scapegoat, much like when you call the cable company and they tell you to "turn it off and back on" like you haven't already done that. It comes as no surprise this forum is riddled with you idiots.

I did manage to get the plugins working. With the equipment I had, holy crap right, which happens to be both compatible and suitable for FreeNas.
You come to a forum asking for help, provide no information, and call people idiots. I'd guess you're a millennial, but that would be insulting to millennials. ;)

ccarr

Cadet
Did I hit a nerve? If the shoe fits, sorry not sorry. Some people are looking for solutions not problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.