Is there anything like Freenas that actually works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
@ccarr our forum guidelines do clearly indicate that it's appropriate to include system specs in your post. There's no reason to be frustrated with the community or FreeNAS if you aren't willing to share basic information. We're here to help, but we can't do that if we don't know all of the variables at play. Lastly, please don't antagonize the community. Posting messages such as "Did I hit a nerve? If the shoe fits, sorry not sorry." is antagonistic and will not win you any friends in this community. My suggestion is to walk away if you're frustrated and come back to your keyboard after getting some fresh air.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Did I hit a nerve? If the shoe fits, sorry not sorry. Some people are looking for solutions not problems.
Many, many people have FreeNAS systems that work without issue. The forum regulars here, that you are insulting, help people every day. Most times, when there is a problem, it is the hardware. If you ask for help, you should be wiling to participate in a diagnostic process. It isn't rocket science, but there is a process.

garm

Wizard
I didn't tell you the equipment to avoid the typical ignorance you get from most people who can't help so they try to use the equipment as a scapegoat, much like when you call the cable company and they tell you to "turn it off and back on" like you haven't already done that. It comes as no surprise this forum is riddled with you idiots.

I did manage to get the plugins working. With the equipment I had, holy crap right, which happens to be both compatible and suitable for FreeNas.

I worked several years with in house application support, and you wouldn’t believe how often a Windows reboot solved CAD issues.. there is a reason it’s the first step in the first line support checklist.. you not understanding why dosent change that..

Im happy it worked out for you, but maybe try being a bit humble if you decide to ask for free help in the future? Just a tip, and it’s free

melloa

Wizard
Could we just close this post and stop replying to it? I don't see a point in arguing any more...

kdragon75

Wizard
Looking for a freenas type solution where the stuff actually works. Just installed 11.2 and aside from the storage file, literally nothing works. It won't download plugins, send emails, can't even login with a user account. Every time I try to download a plugin in stays at 50% for a few minutes then just log my account out and nothing. pretty disappointed.
So... did you try to fix it or are you just here to complain?

kdragon75

Wizard
I wouldn't waste my time, or yours, telling you information that's irrelevant to the problem. I click 'install plugin', it says Install 50%... then logs me off, when I log back on nothing...
It could be your router/firewall/ISP/network card/cosmic rays... Did you make sure it was plugged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.