Hello, I want to know QPI is important for freenas. If yes for which part?
BenGonGon Dabbler Joined Jun 23, 2011 Messages 38 Sep 7, 2016 #1 Hello, I want to know QPI is important for freenas. If yes for which part?
Mirfster Doesn't know what he's talking about Joined Oct 2, 2015 Messages 3,215 Sep 7, 2016 #2 As far as I know, the answer is "Yes". Why? Simply because it replaced the FSB (Front Sided Bus); which sucks in comparison. Is this for a school project or something? ;)
As far as I know, the answer is "Yes". Why? Simply because it replaced the FSB (Front Sided Bus); which sucks in comparison. Is this for a school project or something? ;)
BenGonGon Dabbler Joined Jun 23, 2011 Messages 38 Sep 7, 2016 #3 No, only for help me to choice a good processor. 1) Intel Xeon E5-2623 v4, 2.6GHz and 2 QPI | 8 GT/s QPI or 2) Intel Xeon E5-1630 v4, 3.7GHz and 0 QPI You tell to forgot E5-1630 v4 ?
No, only for help me to choice a good processor. 1) Intel Xeon E5-2623 v4, 2.6GHz and 2 QPI | 8 GT/s QPI or 2) Intel Xeon E5-1630 v4, 3.7GHz and 0 QPI You tell to forgot E5-1630 v4 ?
joeschmuck Old Man Moderator Joined May 28, 2011 Messages 10,996 Sep 7, 2016 #4 QPI important, not really unless you need a fast system at which point you would want high end components. When I say fast, I mean like search engine fast. So if you are talking about a typical home system, the answer is no.
QPI important, not really unless you need a fast system at which point you would want high end components. When I say fast, I mean like search engine fast. So if you are talking about a typical home system, the answer is no.