iohyve "wget: not an http or ftp url"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my quest to break everything on FreeNAS 9.10, I have encountered another problem. I installed Ubuntu 16 through iohyve with no problems except:

Code:

Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ...  lvmetad is not active yet, using direct activation during sysinit

Volume group "Arthurubuntu-vg" not found

Cannot process volume group Arthurubuntu-vg

done.

Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ...  lvmetad is not active yet, using direct activation during sysinit

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

done.

Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:

- Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)

- Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)

- Check root= (did the system wait for the right device?)

- Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)

ALERT!  /dev/mapper/Arthurubuntu--vg-root does not exist.  Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v1.22.1 (Ubuntu 1:1.22.0-15ubuntu1) built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

I then pulled up the console and tried the following:

Code:
Connected

/bin/sh: ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒: not found
(initramfs)
(initramfs) wget https://download.code42.com/installs/linux/install/CrashPlan/CrashPlan_4.7.0_Linux.tgz
wget: not an http or ftp url: https://download.code42.com/installs/linux/install/CrashPlan/CrashPlan_4.7.0_Linux.tgz

I then tried to install wget and got this:

Code:
(initramfs) sudo apt-get install wget/bin/sh: sudo: not found

And:

Code:
(initramfs) sudo apt-get update/bin/sh: sudo: not found

Any ideas what I did wrong and how I can reinstall?

Thanks!

m0nkey_

MVP
I have encountered another problem. I installed Ubuntu 16 through iohyve with no problems except:
You have problems. LVM failed to mount. If I recall, Bhyve will struggle with LVM volumes, so you need to use standard partitions. There is a workaround for LVM but unfortunately iohyve does not contain code to implement it.

You have problems. LVM failed to mount. If I recall, Bhyve will struggle with LVM volumes, so you need to use standard partitions. There is a workaround for LVM but unfortunately iohyve does not contain code to implement it.

Can I fix it by unistalling? If I am going to unistall, do I just delete the dataset or is there something else I have to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.