SOLVED interface IP address problems

callmr

Dabbler
TrueNAS-12.0-U6.1

this is a fresh install, and I am new to TrueNAS Core /FreeBSD (most of my stuff runs on some Linux)

NIC ix0 is connected to an untagged VLAN (managament VLAN) port for using the web UI
NIC ix1 is connected to an untagged VLAN (nfs VLAN) port for using the NFS service

when rebooting, only ix0 has an IP in the management VLAN, and it seems to get it from DHCP, even if I reset the interface config and tell it to use a static IP.
after reboot, ix1 only has an IP of 0.0.0.0/8 although I configured it to use a static IP from the nfs VLAN.

When I configure ix1 it will have the static IP from the nfs VLAN, but in addition to 0.0.0.0/8.

Why would the config not stick after a reboot? Why is this 0.0.0.0 there?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You did "test" and "save" your changed network settings? It's a two step process to prohibit people locking themselves out.

callmr

Dabbler
This was a very confusing problem to troubleshoot, but I got it to the most part, I think.
The problem was that I want ix1 to use MTU 9000 but Jumbo Frame was not activated on the switches. After activating it TrueNas was also willing to keep the config for ix1.