Unable to get IP from 10Gb I350-AM2 network port on motherboard.

yveZ

Cadet
Dear friends,

I have been running TrueNAS-12.0-U2 for a while now and it has been running good. I have it installed on a DIY build using a Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN4F motherboard. It has 2 x 1Gbe ports (1 currently in use; IGB1) and 2 x 10Gbe ports (IX0 & IX1, trying to get them to work). The IGB1 port is connected to a 1Gb switch. I have connected IX0 (and IX1 during testing) to a 2.5Gb switch.

The board also has IPMI port, which I use for remote control of the system, no monitor needed. Here is my issue:
I am unable to get an IP on either IX port. When I move the cable from the IX port to an IGB port, I get an IP straight away. Put it back to an IX port, I get 0.0.0.0
I have gone through the console setup menu and deleted/cleared all interface configurations and then enable DHCP on IX0 (or IX1 for testing) and get 0.0.0.0
Reconnect it to an IGB port and get an IP. The 2,5Gb switch is working and sending an IP...so this has to be something I am either missing or it is not compatible.
I have googled on the card/port but cannot seem to find anything on it not being compatible.

Does someone have a golden tip for me on how to get it to work? Or just some general tips for me to look at?

If I do boot, on the IGB port, and logon to the web interface, then try to connect the IX port additionally, same thing; showing 0.0.0.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I have provided enough information. Thank you in advance!
Yves

homer27081990

Patron
I have a feeling that it either has something to do with cabling (cat5e?) or the auto negotiation setting of the 10GbE NIC... Maybe it is set to stubbornly demand 10Gb when it should negotiate 2,5Gb?