TrueNas Mini Builtin interfaces

mrjoli021

Explorer
I just bought a TrueNas mini with the 10GB built in option. The Unit on the back has two standard ethernet ports labeled ix0 and ix1 besides the 10GB and the management port. I am configuring the ethernet ports on two separate Vlans. One Vlan will be strictly for management and then the other will be for my TimeMachine and other small shares that I need. I am not able to configure them independently. When I set the IP on iX0, iX1 loses it config and vice versa. I cant get both interfaces to have independent IP's. Is there a setting to separate them or something I am missing something?

NugentS

MVP
Are you trying to put them in the same IP network?
If so - thats a no no

mrjoli021

Explorer
NO. I am trying to put them on different networks. One on say 192.168.1.0/24 and the other on 10.0.0.0/24. But when I set either iX0 or iX1 to one of the IP, the other one loses it's IP. It is like they were bridged.

NugentS

MVP
Well it does work. I have a machine here with 2 10Gb interfaces on two different switched networks

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I am talking about the 1GB links, not the 10GB. The 10GB links work.

Riiight, well, then, you appear to be confused, because you're talking above about configuring the ix0/ix1 interfaces, which are the 10G interfaces. We would sorta expect that if you configure ix0 or ix1, that the corresponding configuration would change....

mrjoli021

Explorer
Not sure, but on my system the 10GB interfaces are called cxl0 and cxl1. The 1GB interfaces are ix0 and ix1. Again, I am talking about the 1GB interfaces. How can I get them to be independent from each other? Are they by design bridged somehow?
When I put an IP on one of the 1GB interfaces the other interface clears it's config and vice versa. I would like to put two separate ip's on different networks on the 1GB. How can I do this?