Installing AdGuard Home Issue

dfuoco

Cadet
Hello. Hope you're doing well. I've been trying to install AdGuard Home for the past couple of hours but I can't find out what's making it fail to install on my TrueNas system. I've included a screenshot of the error. Can someone please help?
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 8.57.32 PM.png

leandroscar

Cadet
HI @dfuoco,

Are you still with the issue?
if yes.

The DHCP on the network is working?
What`s the version of Truenas?

leandroscar

Cadet
HI @stphnlwlsh,

Are you able to deploy other plugins ?
Usually, this error is related to the DHCP server doesn`t deliver/assign IP to the jail.
To be able to use this plugin, you have two option, add manual IP address of fix/add the DHCP server to delivery IP for it.

stphnlwlsh

Cadet
I had adguard installed earlier this week, but I was unable to upgrade the jail to the latest due to this error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but have the same error. I am not using DHCP for the jail, as I'm manually assigning IP addresses for use with a reverse proxy. I tried installing another plugin and got the same error, so something is definitely up with the retrieval of packages or installation thereof.

I did try installing an IXSystems supported plugin and had no trouble. What other info would be helpful for troubleshooting. I'm a bit of a newbie in truenas, but I'm a software engineer, so hopefully I can get some good info for you. :)

Alecmascot

Guru

stphnlwlsh

Cadet
Adguard Home is easy to install in a regular jail :
Pluck the bits you need out of this:

Yes, true. I'm not in my system very often, so the "easy button" of upgrading with a click is preferable. :)

Alecmascot

Guru
Yes, true. I'm not in my system very often, so the "easy button" of upgrading with a click is preferable. :)
In my experience updating/upgrading plugin jails has always been a bit unreliable.....

leandroscar

Cadet
I had adguard installed earlier this week, but I was unable to upgrade the jail to the latest due to this error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but have the same error. I am not using DHCP for the jail, as I'm manually assigning IP addresses for use with a reverse proxy. I tried installing another plugin and got the same error, so something is definitely up with the retrieval of packages or installation thereof.

I did try installing an IXSystems supported plugin and had no trouble. What other info would be helpful for troubleshooting. I'm a bit of a newbie in truenas, but I'm a software engineer, so hopefully I can get some good info for you. :)
Usually, I try to avoid update jails.
Did you already test the communication between the networks? you need to check it the truenas server can resolve names, from the network in use on your setup.
Furthermore, you can try to install a different jail/plugin using the NAT option. (please, do not use AdGuardHome in NAT mode)

stphnlwlsh

Cadet
Usually, I try to avoid update jails.
Did you already test the communication between the networks? you need to check it the truenas server can resolve names, from the network in use on your setup.
Furthermore, you can try to install a different jail/plugin using the NAT option. (please, do not use AdGuardHome in NAT mode)
I have NextCloud and a reverse proxy running in manually created jails, but it seems that I can't install any plugins period: ix or community. Nothing.

re: network connectivity, this is fine. My NC instance is still up and available to the clients that it serves. Not sure if there's something else I can test here.

stphnlwlsh

Cadet
Well, original issue went away. Not entirely sure what resolved it, but on to a different one. Not sure if I should open a new thread or not, but here's the error.

Code:
Install
Error: adguard.connectwithawalsh.com had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - adguardhome : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

leandroscar

Cadet
HI stphnlwlsh,

Looks like you have a network issue on your setup.
Do you have anything blocking the access to internet? maybe a firewall, proxy or anything?

stphnlwlsh

Cadet
There is nothing blocking network connectivity. I have other jails that I upgraded last night no problem at all. I search around for that error and the "refusing to fetch artifact" error is not specific to AdGuard. It's various things. Could be a missing package at freedbsd level. Could be lots of things.

leandroscar

Cadet
HI stphnlwlsh,

Can you try to create a jail using the console with the old version?
if you don`t know, how to do it, check that link, step 2 and 3

stphnlwlsh

Cadet
I was able to get a jail running with the links provided. It's not a plugin and as easy as I would like, but it is working and I've got DNS running through it on my network now. Not sure what the deal is with the plugin, but I'm at least up and running.