Installed Deluge in jail, having problem with umask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I had followed a guide for installing Deluge into a jail (https://dysphunkional.wordpress.com/freebsd/jails/deluge/) which I found after some searching. Deluge itself is working great, but the only problem I have is that when it saves files, it is saving them with a mask of 644, which means only the user running deluge can make changes to the file.

I tried looking around to see how I would fix this (specifically, trying to see if I could have the umask for the daemon be modified when it ran so it would save files with a mask of 775), but could not find anything anywhere after hours of looking.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I would resolve this?

Thanks!

In a way yes. I ended up using ACLs to allow outside clients to access the files. Even though they are written with the deluge owner as full control and all other users as read only, it inherits the permissions set on the share so that the required users and groups regain read/write/modify control. Seems a bit odd, but it has been working fine so I left it at that haha.

Nucshuco

Explorer
Were you able to figure this out?
Hello,
I had followed a guide for installing Deluge into a jail (https://dysphunkional.wordpress.com/freebsd/jails/deluge/) which I found after some searching. Deluge itself is working great, but the only problem I have is that when it saves files, it is saving them with a mask of 644, which means only the user running deluge can make changes to the file.

I tried looking around to see how I would fix this (specifically, trying to see if I could have the umask for the daemon be modified when it ran so it would save files with a mask of 775), but could not find anything anywhere after hours of looking.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I would resolve this?

Thanks!
Were you able to figure out the umask issue. Im having the same problem. I got deluge running perfect in a jail but after download completes sickrage fails.

vurghain

Cadet
Did you guys ever figure this out? I'm also experiencing SickRage failing to permission issues after the download has completed in Deluge.

Nucshuco

Explorer
Change the deluged_user in the startup script to the same as sickrage.
chown -R sameAsSickrage:sameAsSickrage /home/deluge/

JKman

Explorer
login to the jail as root:
sudo jexec deluge tcsh

then:
ee ~/.cshrc

then:
change the umask from 22 to 2

finally:
save and restart the jail.

Status