Installation problem

LeeCat

Cadet
More precisely - before installation: :mad:.
Problems begin when I create Installation Media on USB. Prior to version 11.2-U6, I did not encounter anything like this.

So: downloaded the ISO file, checked SHA256 - everything is OK. I start "burning" in Rufus or Win32Imager, everything is fine until the last moment (a message about a successful "burning" is like) - but ends with BSOD. The same on 3 computers (Win 7 / Win 10). Moreover - on Win 7 it is possible to reboot only if you remove the USB flash drive, when plugged in - BSOD again. On Win 10 - it loads with mournful moans and allows you to remove and plug USB flash drive with a lot of complaints again. What can be wrong?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
The operating system is trying to automount the content of the USB drive. You could turn automount off.
Just do a google search for "disable automount of new drives", it is a common problem with windows.

LeeCat

Cadet
The operating system is trying to automount the content of the USB drive. You could turn automount off.
Just do a google search for "disable automount of new drives", it is a common problem with windows.
Thanks for the help, but, unfortunately, it didn't didn't resolve the problem. I disabled automount in Diskpart, but write process ended with the same BSOD. The only difference was the message "Write successful" (or something like this) stayed little bit longer before BSOD. :(

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
If the write was sucessful, the USB device should be ready to use. Have you tested it?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the help, but, unfortunately, it didn't didn't resolve the problem. I disabled automount in Diskpart, but write process ended with the same BSOD. The only difference was the message "Write successful" (or something like this) stayed little bit longer before BSOD. :(
You might take a look at this to see if you think it is the same situation:

LeeCat

Cadet
You might take a look at this to see if you think it is the same situation:
It looks like it's the same problem, thanks

LeeCat

Cadet
Thanks - @Chris Moore : installation itself went well from the USB stick created before. It looks like the system has some problems, but not related to install and not confirmed at this time yet. Any way - it's the different conversation. THANKS!!!

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Trace8790

Cadet
i have a problem also involving installation. ive tried this multiple times in multiple different ways. the closest ive gotten is it getting to "active set on da0" and then it freezes and the installation never completes. im trying to install freenas on a macfee dlp 5500 server i bought from my work because they were just going to get rid of it. im installing from a usb stick to another dedicated usb stick in the server. please help i dont know whats going wrong here.