SOLVED Mirroring boot disk problem FreeNAS-11.2-BETA3

Status
Not open for further replies.

daccy

Dabbler
I'm getting a "'async for' requires an object with __aiter__ method, got generator" error when I try to mirror the boot disk after the initial installation. More details from the beginning:

I thought I'd try installing FreeNAS-11.2-BETA3 on new hardware to get the hang of it before upgrading an older FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 system. I ran into a problem trying to mirror the boot device.

I put the install media onto a 16GB USB Flash Drive and used that to install FreeNAS-11.2-BETA3 onto another (identical) 16GB USB Flash Drive. All good so far - installation seems successful so I reboot and remove the install media and FreeNAS boots up. I connect some network, log in via the web interface, insert the original Flash Drive again and visit System -> Boot Environments -> BOOT POOL STATUS -> 3-dots menu on the freenas-boot line -> Attach. I select da1 from the Member Disk list and I tick 'Use all disk space' and then SAVE. Then I get this error:

Attach Device
'async for' requires an object with __aiter__ method, got generator
CLOSE

and unsurprisingly clicking CLOSE doesn't mirror the boot disk.

As far as I know both USB Flash Drives are identical (ordered together, Sandisk Cruser Fit 16GB) and at this stage I've created no pools and so there's no important data on this system.

Am I following the right method to try to mirror the boot device after installation? Any idea what might be causing that error?
I suppose I could install to mirrored boot drives at first installation, but that requires me to find a 3rd usb stick for the install media... which is why I tried it this way round.

Thanks!

daccy

Dabbler
I've tried RC1 now and happy to say that this problem is fixed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.