Installation keeps looping through the same 3 messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthonee

Cadet
Hello, I am relatively new to FreeNAS but I have installed and configured FreeNAS before on an older PC Tower.

I am attempting to install the current version of FreeNAS 9.10 on a PC here is the info on the PC:

Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Motherboard, Socket LGA 1151 DDR4 RAM
CPU: Intel Celeron G3900 2.8Ghz
RAM: 2x 4GB DDR4 sticks

I run the installer for FreeNAS and it gets stuck in a loop repeating the same 3 messages, which are:

ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, while evaluating GPE method [_L6F] (20150515/evgpe-621)

ACPI Error: [PGRT] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20150515/psargs-391)

ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_GPE._L6F] (Node 0xfffff*00033342c0), AE_NOT_FOUND (20150515/psparse-552)

I'm not sure about which message comes first but they are the 3 that keep getting repeated.
I have run the installer from a CD and from a USB disk with the same results. I have also tried FreeNAS 10 Beta, again with the same results.

I took a look at the BIOS settings on the motherboard and found a section relating to ACPI in there was an option regarding an ACPI table being enabled or disabled. I tried both settings and got the same result.

I would greatly appreciate any help or solutions people may be able to offer.

Thank you for your time.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Motherboard, Socket LGA 1151 DDR4 RAM
Low-end consumer board. This kind of behavior is not unexpected.

coolermaster

Cadet
I have the same board, came here looking for help. Hah!
Anthony, if you're still out there, try updating the bios. I just did, problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.