Install USB isn't recognized

Hi, I am kind of new to all this nas-stuff, and I am running into a problem. I have an Acer Aspire x3990 that I want to use as a FreeNas, but my USB drive isn't recognized. I think I have the problem described here: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/bios-gpt-puke.41631/. Now I have the question, does using a DVD instead of a USB drive solve this? Is a bootable DVD also affected by the same problem or could this solve it? I'm asking this because I am thinking of buying an optical drive station to try it, but if it is doomed to fail, I won't buy it.
Thanks for your help in advance!

Sorry for my English, it isn't my first language.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
My pc does meet the hardware requirements, so I don't think that is the problem. Is there a chance using a DVD does solve my problem? I really want to use freenas for my nas.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
My pc does meet the hardware requirements, so I don't think that is the problem. Is there a chance using a DVD does solve my problem? I really want to use freenas for my nas.
It might. It is difficult to say. I don't know if anyone ever used one of those to install FreeNAS.

sretalla