USB in VM Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArgaWoW

Patron
Hi,

it would use my DVD Drive in my VM host. I have select it in the USB section of my vm. But in Windows i got an error (10) driver could not be started.

Perhaps has anyone got his DVD Drive work in the VM-Host.

I am really thank for any advice on this problem.

joeschmuck

Old Man
What does this have to do with FreeNAS?

Maybe you should refer to the VM user manual, I'd expect that to cover connecting a USB drive to the system. If you are trying to install FreeNAS on a VM, I'd mount the ISO image vice using a DVD drive.

ArgaWoW

Patron
What does this have to do with FreeNAS?

Maybe you should refer to the VM user manual, I'd expect that to cover connecting a USB drive to the system. If you are trying to install FreeNAS on a VM, I'd mount the ISO image vice using a DVD drive.

First let me thank you for the answer.

I have install Windows 10 in an virtualbox. This virtual box is a part of freenas, so i think it will be ok to ask for help in this forum.

Actually the windows 10 runs properly in the vm, but I have some trouble with the USB device and the shared folder. I have installed the vm guest addition but I think the actual version don't support windows 10. I got some error in the device manager and have no access to the shared folder.

So please if you can help it would be greate.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
I personally couldn't offer you any assistance on this matter but maybe someone else reading the forums might have an answer for you. However in the meantime I'd check out the Virtual Box forums and see what is happening there, maybe they can offer some advice. Keep in mind the version of Virtual Box you are running on FreeNAS, it will likely make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.