Install and configure netdata docker image

TheSir

Dabbler
Hello!

I installed TrueNAS Scale RC 1.2 and noticed, that there is no out of the box netdata installation yet. Like it was in the TN Core community repo. In truecharts Scale repo netdata is still missing, so i wonder if its possible to install netdata as a docker image?

Im a newbie regarding TN Scale and Docker / Kubernetes, but i managed to install netdata as a docker container, using this documentation, but im not common with the necessairy settings to get this running. Can somebody help me out here?

Thanks in advance!

LarsR

Guru
I used the big blue button to install netdata

Image repository: netdata/netdata
Image Tag: latest
everything else default and pressed launch

webinterface is at yourtruenasip:19999

TheSir

Dabbler
I used the big blue button to install netdata

Image repository: netdata/netdata
Image Tag: latest
everything else default and pressed launch

webinterface is at yourtruenasip:19999
Thank you for your answer. With the default values, the container wasnt reachable at port 19999. The curious thing is, i set the port 19999 in container settings under port forwarding, now i can reach netdata at port 19997. lol Well, it works now :D

truecharts

Guru
Hello!

I installed TrueNAS Scale RC 1.2 and noticed, that there is no out of the box netdata installation yet. Like it was in the TN Core community repo. In truecharts Scale repo netdata is still missing, so i wonder if its possible to install netdata as a docker image?

Im a newbie regarding TN Scale and Docker / Kubernetes, but i managed to install netdata as a docker container, using this documentation, but im not common with the necessairy settings to get this running. Can somebody help me out here?

Thanks in advance!
To answer your TrueCharts related question:
We currently do not have it, simply because no one added it yet.

That being said:
Since a few days, we do offer prometheus, with integrated Node-Exporter for fetching TrueNAS SCALE metrics and we offer Loki for log management