Increasing SCALE ARC size

probain

Patron
I'm once again gonna throw my two cents in the ring, and suggest that this is done via a cron-job instead. Especially if you use VM's.
Having it done via Cron also means that you can more easily run it on demand. If you need to adjust it. This then doesn't need reboots.
It all means that not only do you get all of the benefits from the post-init method, but several more benefits in addition too.

Just make sure that you don't check "Hide Standard Output". If you do, then you have to encapsulate the entire command in parenthesis ( ).
1699979142148.png

Two cents deposited in my humble jar :smile:

NugentS

MVP
However - this gets reset by (for example) switching off and back on a VM. I shall check tomorrow if thats just a temp issue - or if the reset is permanent. Logic would say its not permanent - but these are computers - so logic may not apply.

"Malign form of alien intelligence that has taken over the world"

probain

Patron
However - this gets reset by (for example) switching off and back on a VM. I shall check tomorrow if thats just a temp issue - or if the reset is permanent. Logic would say its not permanent - but these are computers - so logic may not apply.

"Malign form of alien intelligence that has taken over the world"
It's permanent.
When the VM is destroyed (turned off) it hard sets the zfs_arc_max value. I've got a Jira on it, and they're aware and working on it.

NugentS

MVP
Thus your previous reccomendation to use a cron job.

However - my VM is not started automatically - I manually start it. So how did I ever get the extra ARC - as it was running with the VM running.

probain

Patron
Thus your previous reccomendation to use a cron job.

However - my VM is not started automatically - I manually start it. So how did I ever get the extra ARC - as it was running with the VM running.
It only happens when the VM is turned off. That's why :)