Cadet
Dear TrueNAS Community,
I recently installed TrueNAS Scale on my

• SuperMicro X10DRL-CT
  • Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz
  • 8x M393A2G40DB0-CPB (16GB) RAM
  • 8x HGST_HDN724040ALE640 (3.64 TiB) with
  • MegaRaid 3108 with SAS-825TQ Backplane
Everything went fine it was not my first time with TrueNAS.
The MegaRaid is sadly set up as a JOBD, not as a real HBA. Because I want to use ZFS, I need all disks directed directly to the Host.
I set up everything and configured everything, nothing special. But now I have some very serious Warnings:

Code:
Mar 26 12: 13:40 shannon2 erne : power_meter ACPIOOOD: 00: Foun ACPI power meter.
Mar 26 12: 13:40 shannon2 kernel: power_meter ACPI000D:00: Ignoring unsafe software power cap!

This message repeats every 30s - 1m in journalctl.

For Information, I installed TrueNAS on two HDDs (ST2000VN004-2E4164) that are connected to the internal Sata Ports.
I reset all Controller configurations and BIOS settings, reinstalled TrueNAS nothing changed. So this is definitely a consistent Problem.
Does anybody know how to troubleshoot or solve this problem? Thank you for maintaining this nice forum. I have already read a bunch of other articles.

masterElmar

Cadet
Already visited this page. :(
But thank you for helping me, im already testing by removing the two internal HDDs from PowerSupply because their not intendet.
Now trying booting over PXE or running ubuntu from usb stick to test it. The Error is not fatal but a log message every minute is not normal?
Like ignoring you loud car and turning the radio up.

nabsltd

Contributor
The Error is not fatal but a log message every minute is not normal?
The "error" is that the ACPI is reporting something that isn't consistent. The kernel is dealing with it, but warning you each time because it's possible that the discrepancy was a one-time thing caused by the kernel querying something before it settled down.

The solution is to suppress the "error", because it's meaningless for your use case:
  1. An actual power limit event might never happen on your computer, so whether the ACPI reports it correctly or not isn't important.
  2. Unless you have added some software that runs when the hardware reports a power limit event, you'll never care. The default response to a power limit event is to report it and do nothing else.