I updated the BIOS and IPMI firmware on my SuperMicro X10SL7-F, and now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z300M

Guru
I updated the BIOS and the IPMI firmware on my SuperMicro X10SL7-F to the latest versions, and now when I power it up from the Java iKVM viewer (running on Manjaro Linux) it shows "No Signal" until the boot sequence is well under way, so I have no opportunity to change any BIOS settings or even to change the IPMI UserID and Password.

UPDATE: It's the same when I use the KVM/HTML5 console redirection.

I doubt whether this is a FreeNAS problem, but I'll report it here in case someone else has encountered the same problem.

Another UPDATE: I did manage to get into the BIOS by pressing <DEL> on the virtual keyboard repeatedly even when "No Signal" was still showing. And I realized that the IPMI User ID and Password are changed from the IPMI screen, not from the BIOS.

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Try re flashing the BIOS and IPMI again, I thought I remember reading here that fixed an issue for someone. I lost temp readings on CPU and PCH after I flashed mine but I haven't got around to trying a re flash yet.

Z300M

Guru
Try re flashing the BIOS and IPMI again, I thought I remember reading here that fixed an issue for someone. I lost temp readings on CPU and PCH after I flashed mine but I haven't got around to trying a re flash yet.

Sorry: I just updated my original post without realizing that you had responded. As I wrote in my second update:

I did manage to get into the BIOS by pressing <DEL> on the virtual keyboard repeatedly even when "No Signal" was still showing. And I realized that the IPMI User ID and Password are changed from the IPMI screen, not from the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.