SM X10SL7 - BIOS 2.2 and IPMI 1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigdt

Explorer
how did it go?

I got the firmware, but haven't had a chance to flash the system yet. System seems to be stable for the moment.

I got around the usb UPS problem by hooking the UPS up to the pfSense box and set that up as the master and the freenas machine as the slave

I'll most likely do the firmware flash on Tuesday with it being a public holiday here. Will update the thread once I do.

Thanks for the assistance so far :)

TXAG26

Patron
I had some downtime and tried flashing my X10SL7-F to Bios v3.0 and it went smooth this time. Be sure if you update the bios through the IPMI webpage that you "Uncheck" the "Preserve SMBIOS" box. I think that may have been what screwed it up the first time earlier in the year.

I had NO Boxes checked and it flashed without any issues. I noticed with Bios v2.2, my system would not complete the power-on process if it was cold-booted (from the cord unplugged). I would have to hit the soft reset button in order to get it to POST and boot. Flashing to Bios v3.0 seems to have solved this issue.

Johev

Contributor
Could I then ask, what is the consensus of this BIOS. Should people flash v3.0 our keep an older version? I am asking because I just bought 2 of these boards :).

Many thanks.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Could I then ask, what is the consensus of this BIOS. Should people flash v3.0 our keep an older version? I am asking because I just bought 2 of these boards :).

Many thanks.
Just bought them? Update everything to the latest version.

Everything working fine on "old" hardware? Don't bother.

Johev

Contributor
Just bought them? Update everything to the latest version.

Everything working fine on "old" hardware? Don't bother.
LOL never thought of it that way. So as soon as they arrive it'll be updating time :).

Any consensus on the IT firmware version for the latests FreeNas?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

TXAG26

Patron
Here's what was changed in bios v3.0:

1. Updated ME firmware to 3.0.7.24

2. Updated Intel RC 2.7.1

3. Kernel Code Update to HashWell Refresh 4.6.5.4_VEB_1ARXN018.

4. Support BroadWell CPU.

5. Change BIOS revision to 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.