I have found that I cannot install V11.?? to the Asrock J3710-ITX

LindseyH

Cadet
I have been using 9.10.2 and have tried each release of 11 to upgrade with no success, it does not boot to the graphic interface and the web browser interface is all corrupt.

I had a double HD failure and have to rebuild, now I find I cannot do a clean install either
the boot comes up and I select the option 1 boot to installer and it loads stuff then displays
Booting on a blue background and that's it.

I have upgraded the UEFI BIOS to the latest but still nothing.

Any information about ?

LindseyH

Cadet
Thanks for getting back to me dlavigne !
FYI the system is a J3710-ITX quad core pentium MB all built together with 16Gb of DDR3 ram.
It has 4 built in SATA connectors with an expansion board for 2 more, built in graphics, sound and Gb Lan.
Very minimal and low powered.

I worked on it all last night and even though I used 3 different USB sticks and a few downloads I could not get version 11.2 to load.
I finally got the older version 11.? U7 to load and I think it was actually the building of the Boot USB TBH.

Once this was on then I was able to move to the new stable stream and upgrade to the latest version.
Much nicer looking than the older one.

Yea
I left it last night upgraded and running 11.2 but still looking for how to mirror the boot USB.
Now when my new 3Tb drives arrive today I can install them and build the pool and rebuild the machine.

Have you resolved your issues with your J3710-ITX? I have an ASRock J1900-ITX with 8Gb Ram and just did a 9.10->11.2 upgrade and had to roll-back to 9.10. Even a fresh USB with 11.2 U3 couldn't boot and get into the installer utility.
Did you succeed by first doing an 11.1 install?

LindseyH

Cadet
Yes I did, I had to update the BIOS to the latest, which fixed a display adapter issue at boot time.
And it sat at the BOOTING prompt for about 20 minutes before entering the graphics interface for the installation, though this may have been because I had no NAS drives defined ?

It ended up fairly painless after that, though I am having troubles with Plex using the Plexpass, not getting any mettadata.
I think I will install the default plex.

I had a mate assisting me in the setup of Pools and Apps.

Ah. updating the bios isn't something I would have though of... I'll check on that.
I have a whole pool with 6 drives already in the system. Hopefully importing the 9.10 config will re-load everything...